Surgical Treatment For Vitiligo

How is vitiligo on lips treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has vitiligo on her lower lip. It came to our notice this year, and we consulted a doctor¬†immediately. The doctor gave Dicaris 150 mg to be taken on the weekends of every week for four months. She finished 32 Dicaris tablets so far. She also used Melbild lotion at night and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you going at length in explaining me the exact medicine regimen. You are well in time and not late, so do not worry. I normally give tablet Azathioprine taking into consideration the weight factor. After the stabilization has been achieved in about a coupl...  Read Full »

I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. Which medicine should I take?

Query: Hello doctor, I am affected by vitiligo disease in the lower lip. The doctor suggested taking Decapeptide lotion Melgain. I also have taken, but it does not work. Now I did not receive any medicine. So which medicine should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have vitiligo as you said, but I need to see your lip lesions in personal. If required biopsy will be done, if it is vilitigo. Then there are lots of options to treat vitiligo with a varying prognosis like, 1. Oral medication. 2. Phototherapy. 3. Surgery. 4. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest some treatment for vitiligo.

Query: Hello doctor, I have vitiligo on my face, and my skin and hair are turning white. This is a major problem for me. Please suggest some treatment. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For vitiligo, there are many lines of management. If the patch is unstable, then oral medications can be advised. But if the vitiligo patch is stable, that is no change in the size of the patch over six months, then surgery can be done to re-pigment the viti...  Read Full »