Swelling In Joint

Is there a therapy for painful swollen joints?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 45 years old female. Her weight is usually between 35 kg to 42 kg. She is suffering from severe pain and swollen joints for the past 15 years. Due to lack of financial resource we were unable to get treatment. Is there any therapy to heal her? She is unable to fully move her ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all a proper diagnosis has to be made for the cause of her swollen joints. It could be due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or gout. Once correct diagnosis is made then the treatment can be initiated. So, I need to know whether any tests has been done...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, The backs of both my knees are swollen after a hike. When I first noticed this, I thought I got bitten by a mosquito or a bug. So, I applied After Bite to the area a little bit. The redness was reduced the next day but, it is still swollen. I see a lump right behind the knees. I can co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send me a picture of the attached area. Only then can I comment on the condition and the specialist you will have to visit. Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician...  Read Full »