Swelling Of The Feet

What can cause swelling of the feet?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from feet swelling for the past four years. We met nearly seven to eight doctors for this issue, but she did not get any relief. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Four years is a long time to have swelling of the feet. But, since you have met so many doctors and have taken so many treatments. I suggest you to kindly send me some more data regarding your investigations, x-rays and any other investigation you have done. Also, send m...  Read Full »

Can chronic kidney disease cause swelling in feet and tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have swelling on my feet and tongue as well. KFT report was normal only my creatinin was 1.6. It is a chronic problem. I have already used Lasilactone 50 mg and Torsemide 10 mg. But no relief. I use insulin Mixtard 40 units twice and Galvus Met 50/850 1 bd for my diabetes type 2. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you are suffering from chronic kidney disease. Now you have swelling on feet, ankles, and tongues. You have DM (diabetes mellitus) for 20 years. Do you suffer from an allergy? Or are you allergic to some foods, medications, irritants, et...  Read Full »

Why do I get swelling on face, feet, and legs post by-pass surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have by-pass surgery done. I am having respiratory problems and broncho asthma. I have swelling of body parts like face, feet, and legs.  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Jauhari

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your respiratory issue could be due to chest infection. Kindly answer the following questions for a better understanding of your health issue. What is your BP status? Is there any cough and sputum or fever? Do you feel breathless on walking or even while sitting or lyi...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for swollen feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got swelling in feet and excess pain over last few days. I have breathing problem while walking. I also feel weakness since few days. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kais Haider Chowdhury

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your leg is swelling like when you press your finger on your leg and see pushing marks of your finger (use thumb) then there is a real need for emergency care and treatment. If your leg swelling is also associated with swelling of the body and face then it needs ur...  Read Full »

In lung fibrosis, why there is a face and feet swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 68 years old. She has been diagnosed for lung fibrosis she was taking Lumenac 600mg three times, Iveprid 10 mg for last years, no progression in disease but her saturation was 90 later fell to 60 on excretion. Now she is taking Pirfenex 800 mg a day, and Benz for cough he...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your history, it is obvious that your mother is suffering from IPF (UIP). She is taking Ivepred 10 and Lumenac 600 mg for the last two years. Swelling on face and legs could be because of the steroid side effects as she is on long term Ivepred. Yo...  Read Full »

What is the cause of high BP, mood swings, and night sweats?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is 34 years old. He was diagnosed to have high blood pressure in his 20 years of age. He feels palpitations and sweats at night while sleeping even in cold weather. Many times the sole of his feet get swollen. He remains in haste, cannot wait for long, and gets anxious many t...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, regarding his mental condition, it seems that he is suffering and there is a definite need for treatment. The problem becomes more acute considering positive family history of schizophrenia in mother. Most of his symptoms indicate mood disorder which includes both...  Read Full »

Does normal diet cause edema in a liver cirrhosis patient?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is suffering from liver cirrhosis. Will the liver remain enlarged? Or do come back to its normal size after some time? Does having a normal diet develop edema?  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the details posted. Edema in cirrhosis patients is mainly due to low oncotic pressure in blood vessels because of low albumin. Cirrhosis compromise the synthetic function of the liver and so albumin production gets decreased. It is the albumin, which...  Read Full »

Why is my wound not getting cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 43 years old. I am suffering from a wound placed on the opposite side of ankle. I am unable to walk with the pain. I have been suffering with this for the last three months. I previously used Pividine microbicidal sprinkling powder and Zenflox 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have what looks like a dry necrotic ulcer affecting the lateral malleolus of your ankle (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suspect this is likely to be due to venous insufficiency and given its distribution. This is where the valves, which normally en...  Read Full »

What causes extreme swelling and pain in both legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I have extreme swelling and pain in both lower legs and feet. I also have severe pain in both hands, on all fingers, both wrists, both forearms,both elbows as well as both knees. It is extremely painful for me to stand and walk. I had a CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel) and CBC done...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and the blood reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) along with the photographs you have posted. Well, there is gross swelling in both your legs. But, the albumin levels are not so low to explain the edema. Even urine...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for foot swelling for two months in a psoriasis patient?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is my mother, age 58, with chronic psoriasis which is under control. She has been having right foot swelling for the past two months. Her left feet is normal. Initial diagnosis at local clinics was an infection and severe arthritis. She was put on anti-inflammatory, antibi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your health query and can understand how worried you are about your mother. This seems to be due to the foot sprain she inflicted in the recent past (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She might have caused a damage to the soft tissues of ...  Read Full »