Swelling On Penis

Why does swelling in the circumcised area are not reduced even after a year?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a circumcision swelling present for one year. I have seen three urologists, and all have said there is still swelling, and they are not sure why it has not gone away. This past couple of days, the swelling and redness have increased. The head and inner skin get easily irritat...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It would have been easy to assess the condition if I get the photograph of the foreskin before surgery. If you have the histopathology report of the excised foreskin, plea...  Read Full »

How to treat swelling in my penile tip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. I have a wrapped cord swelling on the tip of my penis for a long time, and it is not going away. I am seeking advice on what that might be and how can it be treated?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since when are you having this problem? Is that swelling increase in size during or after urination? Is there any itching or pain in that area? It is like an engorged vein and may not cause problems, but sometimes it may cause pain. So do not worry, but if it is ...  Read Full »

How is furuncle on the penis treated?

Query: Hi, I have a problem. I am a 24 year old caucasian male. Past history: 1 and a half years ago a boil - carbuncle formed on my penis, popped after 4 days. I used Framykoin for a week and it went away. A month later molluscum contagosium formed right above penis, stayed like that for 2 weeks, then doc...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming to the differential diagnosis and treatment: Chances of it being furuncle is less as it is a progressive condition and would have certainly popped out by pressing. Carbuncle is the collection of furuncle, so chances of it again is very less. Since you have a...  Read Full »

What could cause swelling and irritation in penis?

Query: Helo doctor, My penis is swollen in the front part with itching and irritation from yesterday. I was trying to check online, it says maybe it is balanitis, not sure though. Please guide what needs to be done? I am currently on medications for high BP and uric acid.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very likely to be balanitis with the background of acute infection and swelling. You can take tablet CISMA DT (Cefpodoxime) 200 mg twice a day, tablet NISE (Nimesulide) 100 mg twice a day, Tube Dermiford (for local application) twice a day. Take all these medicine...  Read Full »

My penis is mildly swollen and discolored. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have discoloration on my penis. I do not have any pain. It is just a dark red and seems like peeling. It has been there since two days and there is mild swelling in that area. I have got this for the first time. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from candidial balanitis. Take the following medications: Tablet Apo-Fluconazole (AF) 150, one tablet daily for 10 days. Apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) twice daily. Revert back after ten days to a d...  Read Full »

I am having swelling and pain in penis after scrotoplasty. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago I had a scrotoplasty. Accompanied with this was liposuction (around lower stomach and inside of thighs towards the groin) to thicken the penis. Operation went well. Had general swelling and edema of the penis and scrotum with pain. I have been taking anti-inlfammatory t...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to inform you that size mentioned by you is within normal range and it should not be called swelling unless there is gross difference from other side. The average testis size is 3 to 5 cm in length and 3 to 4 cm in width. Now, regarding feeli...  Read Full »

What could be a painless lump on the penis which is growing continuously?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump growing on my penis foreskin for the last seven to eight months and it is continuously growing in size. Since it was painless I ignored it till now thinking that it will go away, but it started paining and looking at its size I am worried now. A similar one started just...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This appears to be a sebaceous cyst of the penile skin. I would like to know if there is any pain or pressure sensation associated with this lesion. By the look, the lesion appears to be be...  Read Full »

My penis got swollen after sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After I had sex for the first time, there is a piece of skin on the side of the penis. Is it normal? It is very sensitive and uncomfortable. I have attached a picture.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the picture is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that it is normal. If there is any swelling or tenderness over that area, visit a doctor for help. If not, there is nothing to worry. For more information consult a sexolo...  Read Full »

My foreskin is usually swollen after erection. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. Since one year, I have experienced that foreskin on my penis is usually swollen, I was initially over cleaning it, but then I read that irritates the skin more so I stopped applying soap. The swelling is visible only when the penis is erect, and I pull down th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems on the picture you have mild short frenulum. It usually not possible to retract prepuce in the erect state, so it is normal slight discoloration around meatus is normal. You can continue the use of ointment. Avoid pulling the skin too much back in an erect o...  Read Full »

Why does my penis get swollen after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, unmarried and had no physical relationship yet. Earlier, I have got circumcision. Now swelling of penis head is present. The swelling is more prominent on the left side but difference can be seen on all sides. I believe this happened two weeks ago, but I notic...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer these questions, so that I can help you better. Do you masturbate a lot? If so, how many times in a week? Is it done by lying on bed and pressing your penis? Did you get fever since the swelling? Revert back with the information to an internal medicine ph...  Read Full »