Swelling On Penis

A swollen penis may or may not be associated with itching, pain, discharge, redness, fever, burning sensation while urination or intercourse, etc. Swelling of the penis occurs in balanitis, urethritis, Peyronie's disease, priapism, allergic reaction to hygiene products, condoms, lubricants, paraphimosis, posthitis, and tumors of the penis. Medications based on the cause, ice packs, personal hygiene, etc., are helpful.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am seeing a white line on my penis's underskin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a small white line on the underskin of my penis. It does not hurt, but it has been there for quite some time. Can you help me understand what it is?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a variation of normal light and dark skin at the genitalia. It can be present in normal individuals. As long as no pain, discharge, itching, or inflammation is present, there is nothing to worry about.   Read Full »

I had put 11 to 12 rubber bands around my penis, and I could not take out the one that went inside the body. Please suggest something.

Query: Hello doctor, I had put 11 to 12 rubber bands around my penis about three and a half years ago. I feel one of the rubber bands went inside the body. I am unable to take it out. I experience discomfort in the area between the hips, stomach, legs, and base of the penis. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you visit a nearby urologist. The rubber band might be hidden below the penile skin or inside the urethra. In either case, you will not be able to remove it, and you will need help from a urologist. He will be able to remove it completely after the examinatio...  Read Full »

My penis got hurt during sex, and I got a small swelling on the injured area. Is it a problem?

Query: Hi doctor,I injured my penis during sex before four days. Now I have a slight pain in the middle of the penis at the bottom with a noticeable swelling (like a vein or a rope). And I am experiencing more frequent erections but with less intensity. During an erection, the lower surface swells more tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The picture you provided (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) appears to be an injury, and the swelling is due to a blood clot. I suggest you apply a cold compress. I would also recommend low-dose Aspirin 150 mg daily for a few days and Serratiopepti...  Read Full »

I have a persistent burning sensation on the tip of my penis that does not seem to cure. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a mild burning sensation on the tip of my penis glans. It has been a few months since the burning started and it does not seem to cure. At times the burning sensation stays for a whole day and sometimes swelling appears too. Also, I had unprotected sex with my partner for the f...  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and can understand your concern. If all the tests are normal, then I suggest you stay relaxed and follow the instructions mentioned below; 1) Avoid irritation or friction in that area. 2) Wear loose and cotton innerwear. 3) Do not over-clean u...  Read Full »

Why do I get an infection and tiny ulcers on my penis even after washing it properly?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a diabetic, and I have an infection on my penis. I got it three to four months before. There is red skin and swelling around the head of the penis. There is mild pain, and the foreskin also cuts when moved backward. Sometimes I have got tiny ulcers on the penis tip. Every day I cle...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. But there are no attached photographs in your message. It may be candidal balanoposthitis as you have described, but I need to see the picture to be sure and to suggest. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to assess the condition and s...  Read Full »

I have mild pain and swelling in the bottom-right side of the penis. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,Due to an accident that happened during sex five days ago, I have slight pain and swelling on the bottom-right side of the penis. Now I have less intense but more frequent erections, especially at night. When the penis goes into erection, the part with the trauma swells more. The upper par...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), I can say that you injured your ligament at the root of your penis, and this is self-limiting. Swelling will reduce gradually, and the vein will be at the place once the swelling...  Read Full »

My 5-year-old son has a swollen and inflamed area on his penis without any symptoms. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My 5-year-old son has an inflamed and swollen area on his penis, practically at the opening of the urethra. We noticed this one week ago while making him a bath. We used Baneocin powder and washed his penis without soap, but there was no noticeable improvement. He says it does not hurt ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is the mild inflammation of the urethral meatus, and it would be due to irritation caused by soap or diaper. The best solution is to change the diaper for a shorter duration. Please do not use power; just clean and dry the area. Change the bath soap to sens...  Read Full »

Is it possible to fracture or bruise the penis after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Last night, during sex, I accidentally forcefully thrust my penis into my partner's pubic bone. There was no popping sound, no loss of erection, and no noticeable swelling or change in penis shape or structure. There was no immediate pain, and I was still able to ejaculate and urinate to...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hi, and thanks for consulting us. This is not a fracture of the penis. It is only a contusion where your penis hit. Lucky you, as the fracture is an emergency and requires immediate treatment. No intervention is needed, and no treatment is needed. No MRI is required. Th...  Read Full »

I have a red spot and smegma around my penis head under my foreskin. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a red spot and smegma around my penis head under my foreskin. I use warm water to clean that area daily. Sometimes it is itchy. I am feeling depressed. Please help me to come out of this. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any swelling in your glans penis? Do you have any recurrent episodes of Balanitis? Did you scratch or rub excessively? Did you handle it roughly? Will you do masturbation? Do you practice improper genital hygiene? Attach a clinical picture of the l...  Read Full »

Why does swelling in the circumcised area are not reduced even after a year?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a circumcision swelling present for one year. I have seen three urologists, and all have said there is still swelling, and they are not sure why it has not gone away. This past couple of days, the swelling and redness have increased. The head and inner skin get easily irritat...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Shirpad Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It would have been easy to assess the condition if I get the photograph of the foreskin before surgery. If you have the histopathology report of the excised foreskin, plea...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.