Q. I have a painless lump on my penis and it is continuously growing. What is that?

Dr. Raman Tanwar

I have a lump growing on my penis foreskin for the last seven to eight months and it is continuously growing in size. Since it was painless I ignored it till now thinking that it will go away, but it started paining and looking at its size I am worried now.

A similar one started just near it a few months back, but that region used to get rubbed while masturbating. I think that is why that one did not grow and went away. Please help.

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This appears to be a sebaceous cyst of the penile skin. I would like to know if there is any pain or pressure sensation associated with this lesion. By the look, the lesion appears to be benign, and the best treatment would be surgical excision of this mass followed by a histopathological examination to confirm the nature. The surgery is simple and can be performed in local anesthesia. It will last for about 15 minutes.

Sebaceous cyst, Fibroma.

Sebaceous cyst, Fibroma.

Sebaceous cyst.

| 

No there is no pressure sensation or pain yet. I am able to touch it and move it without any problem.

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Then let us go ahead with what was previously advised. Do let me know if you have any further queries during the course of treatment.

|