Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have a painless lump on my penis and it is continuously growing. What is that?

Answered by
Dr. Raman Tanwar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2019

Hello doctor,

I have a lump growing on my penis foreskin for the last seven to eight months and it is continuously growing in size. Since it was painless I ignored it till now thinking that it will go away, but it started paining and looking at its size I am worried now.

A similar one started just near it a few months back, but that region used to get rubbed while masturbating. I think that is why that one did not grow and went away. Please help.

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to

I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This appears to be a sebaceous cyst of the penile skin. I would like to know if there is any pain or pressure sensation associated with this lesion. By the look, the lesion appears to be benign, and the best treatment would be surgical excision of this mass followed by a histopathological examination to confirm the nature. The surgery is simple and can be performed in local anesthesia. It will last for about 15 minutes.

The Probable causes:

Sebaceous cyst, Fibroma.

Differential diagnosis:

Sebaceous cyst, Fibroma.

Probable diagnosis:

Sebaceous cyst.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

No there is no pressure sensation or pain yet. I am able to touch it and move it without any problem.

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome back to

Then let us go ahead with what was previously advised. Do let me know if you have any further queries during the course of treatment.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
From the photos, kindly tell me if the fibroma on my soft palate is cancerous.
How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?
Swelling on head of penis after masturbation. What is it?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What is the swelling present inside the lips without pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has a swelling inside her lips. It is not painful, and it is not getting healed. She consulted a doctor. The doctor told that the swelling had occurred due to an allergic reaction. Is it cancer? Please suggest.  Read Full »

These two small bumps suddenly turned big. Is this a sebaceous cyst?

Query: Hello doctor,I spoke to a dermatologist on here. I had two small bumps about 2 to 3 mm in size ever since I was younger and I am confident it is not a sexually transmitted disease. They were on the tip of the foreskin of the penis. Just two days ago, they started getting big. It never bothered me be...  Read Full »

Is torn meatus dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 year old. I did not have any physical relationship till date. My meatus got torn from bottom of around 1 mm three weeks back due to masturbating on bed in jean. The meatus was swollen and looked like lips. I felt continuous need to urinate every 10 minutes or so. The urine was al...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.