Q. Is it advisable to walk long distance by a high BP patient?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Published on May 24, 2019 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2019

I am 34 years old, male and I am suffering from high BP and my creatinine level is 1.57. I am daily walking, my ankles are swelling once I get up from bed. So, now I have stopped. If I have to walk, up to how many kilometers can I walk, what kind of food I should take, whether this disease is curable? Please give me suggestion.

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern. I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your weight is also slightly high. So you also need weight reduction. So avoid oily and spicy food. Avoid junk food. Avoid large meals, instead take frequent small meals. Take more fruits and salads. Strict salt restriction in diet. Daily walk for 2 km. With proper blood pressure monitoring, weight management, your creatinine can be reduced.

Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)

Article Overview: Blood pressure is the force exerted by the blood flowing in the blood vessels on the walls of the vessels. Without this force, oxygen and nutrients would not reach the tissues and organs of the body. The heart exerts this pressure by forcing the blood out with every contraction. The increase or decrease of blood pressure depends on the circumference of the blood vessel and the force by which the heart pumps the blood Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What Is Blood Pressure? Blood pressure is the force exerted by the blood flowing in the blood vessels on the walls of the vessels. Without this force, oxygen and nutrients would not reach the tissues and organs of the body. The heart exerts this pressure by forcing the blood out with every contract...  Read Article

What are the causes of swollen ankles and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having extreme swelling from under the breast to the belly. My legs and feet are also very swollen and painful. I have gained 40 pounds in two years with no change in diet or activity. My lower legs and ankles were swollen about a year ago. I went through all the horrible heart test...  Read Full »

My creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for hig...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now