Q. Is it advisable to walk long distance by a high BP patient?

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Swollen Ankles or Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 34 years old, male and I am suffering from high BP and my creatinine level is 1.57. I am daily walking, my ankles are swelling once I get up from bed. So, now I have stopped. If I have to walk, up to how many kilometers can I walk, what kind of food I should take, whether this disease is curable? Please give me suggestion.