Q. My mother's hemoglobin is 5. Her feet and face are swollen. What do I do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 22, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My mother's hemoglobin is 5 g/dL. Her feet and face are swollen, what do I do?

#

Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.

Hemoglobin of 5 g% is very low and an indication for blood transfusion.

As you are saying her face is swollen, she might be landing into a heart failure.

There are multiple causes of severe anemia.

She requires admission and evaluation.

Consult a general medicine physician online for further guidance --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|