Q. I have a swollen gum problem repeatedly. Kindly suggest a solution.

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have a swollen gum problem repeatedly, and earlier, when I was suffering from the same issue, they suggested Metrogyl 400 tablet. Right now, I am not able to contact her as she is not in town.

#

I understand your concern.

There are two issues basically you need to understand. What your doctor gave you for a temporary solution is quite fine, you can take the same course of medicine again, along with that you can also do warm water and salt rinse 3 to 4 times a day it will surely help in decreasing the swelling.

But what I can make out from the picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), this problem will rise again and again as you have occluded teeth, i.e., teeth not arranged properly, which is the main reason for food lodgement and further bacterial growth.

Temporarily do the first one that I have mentioned above, and if you wish, you can think about orthodontic treatment meanwhile as a permanent solution.

Do revert for more queries.

Can you give me a written prescription for that medicine?

#

Metrogyl 400 mg- adult dosage- BID- for five days after food.

Warm water and salt rinse- 3 to 4 times a day.

Go for a full mouth deep scaling and root planing.

Go for orthodontic treatment for mal-occluded teeth.

|