Q. I have tooth pain with swollen gums for the past 3 days. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

I have been experiencing tooth pain and mild gum swelling for the last two to three days. It is paining a lot and I am unable to eat food too. Kindly suggest remedies. I am consuming Rajnigandha (pan masala) for the last two years, have reduced the consumption since pain is there.

#

I suggest some medicines, but please stop the consumption of Rajnigandha immediately. Do not take spicy and hot food.

Take tablet Augmentin 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily, Zerodol SP (Aceclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) twice daily, Hexigel ointment (for topical application) all medicine for three days. If you have any drug allergy history or allergy please consult your physician before taking medicine.

Follow up after three days.

| 

I have started the prescription given by you. On thoroughly going through, I found that one of the lower front teeth is only paining and it is a bit loose too. Gum swelling is there, and it is the center point for all the pain. I am attaching the image of the same. Kindly suggest what has to be done. The medicines which you have prescribed are giving temporary relief. The main reason for my pain is just only one tooth in the lower front.

#

You are right, there are redness and swelling. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This is a symptom of gingivitis and there is a need for dental x-ray. Also, you need a professional dental cleaning. But in the current situation, I think dental clinic are temporarily closed. So I suggest you please complete the medication for the given three days. Application of ointment for three to four times in a day (only in gums) may help. As lockdown ended please see your dentist for further treatment.

|