Swollen Lymph Node

What could be the reason for anxiety, swollen lymph node and spasm in calves?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question regarding ALS vs BFS. I have severe anxiety, a kind fo shakes when arms are crossed, swollen lymph node on the left side of neck, sore wrists, muscle spasms in calves, and on outstretch the left arm gets fatigued. I have done MRI, EKG, and MRI cervical spine.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) does not usually cause just fasciculation. It is usually associated to progressive paralysis and muscle wasting in the hands and legs. Other symptoms like troubles with swallowing, ...  Read Full »

I feel a swollen lymph node in my neck after having protected sex. Am I infected with HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had protected sex before two years. As I recall she was on the top and then later I was on top of her. During the act, my condom slipped, but there was no exposure to my bare penis. I could not achieve an erection, so she removed the condom and applied lotion on my penis. My questio...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Answers to your queries are, 1)This is not a likely situation of entry of HIV through the vaginal fluid. Acquisition of HIV in this scenario is non-existent. Your fears are unwanted. 2) It is good that your p24 test is negative at four and nine weeks. Majority of t...  Read Full »

Why do I have a preauricular lump under the skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a BB sized lump where my preauricular lymph node is, right outside my right ear. My dermatologist, who is treating me for melanoma in situ, is sending me to an ENT this week to check it out, but said melanoma in situ cannot spread. I have no other symptoms. It is not tender and...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For swelling in the pre-auricular area, my differentials are: Lymph node enlargement. Parotid gland swelling. Skin tumor. Parapharyngeal space growth. Since it is rubbery and movable, I feel it is more like a node only. Nevertheless, we need to investigate i...  Read Full »

I had a swollen lymph node in my neck. Could it be painful because chiropractor adjusted my neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the chiropractor and got my neck adjusted. I had sore on my neck more in the back left corner then the pain passed down to my left arm. After checking, they said it was a flare-up and to ice it. The next day I had it adjusted again, and he pointed out that I had a swollen ly...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think that because of chiropractor there will be any trouble to the lymph node. If the pain is radiating in nature, then it can be related to intervertebral disc injury which can be a past injury and due to which you had a sore neck. As the intervertebral di...  Read Full »

Why are lymph nodes swollen and painful after atlas adjustment?

Query: Hello doctor, Three days ago, I had my atlas adjusted and now for two days, the lymph nodes (cervical lymph nodes) in my neck have been extremely painful and swollen for the last two days. I have no fever or other symptoms. Should I be concerned? I had my atlas which was supposedly two degrees off ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What I see there might be some changes in the muscles which may have led to compression over the lymph nodes? Few basic things to ask before I proceed. Are you having pain in the neck? Is the pain sharp shooting or dull aching? Are you feeling any kind of muscle tigh...  Read Full »

I have swollen lymph nodes and tenderness in neck with hoarse voice. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not currently taking any medication. I am a female, 18, of a healthy weight as I am very sporty. I woke up at 3 this morning due to discomfort in my throat, yet no actual pain. I also had a headache. Upon waking up again for the second time, I realized that on the right-hand side...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lymph nodes (glands) are located in many areas all around the body, including numerous nodes in the neck and jaw area. Lymph nodes typically swell or enlarge when there is an infection close by to their drainage area as they form an important part of the bodies immune res...  Read Full »

Why is there a swollen lymph node behind ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this swollen lymph node behind my ear for about three months now. What could the reason be? There is no pain. I am able to move it. I am not having any other symptoms such as fever, weight loss or fatigue. I have been coughing up mucus for a few years now. Could this be the...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have a small benign lymph node. Lymph nodes do no harm and everyone has lots of them in their bodies. These flare up only when there is a little infection to fight in your surroundings. So there is not much to worry about, especially it is not cancer. ...  Read Full »

How to treat the lump present on my right tonsil?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 43 years old female. I have a marble size lump on the right tonsil with difficulties in swallowing and pain. I had a swollen tonsil for over eight weeks, and the lymph nodes present in the neck are slightly swollen. I was under treatment for thrush. Currently, I am taking Nystatin o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain about the antibiotics given for you and how long you used it. Please say whether the lymph nodes in the neck are still present. Please tell whether you can palpate it. Please explain whether you had a fever and any bleeding problems. Please say whether a ...  Read Full »