Q. My partner has swollen lymph nodes with high CPR and eosinophils. Please interpret her USG.

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

I am writing to you about my partner. She has had swollen lymph nodes for the past two years. Only other symptoms are high CPR and very slightly higher eosinophils.

She had an ultrasound of her right side of the neck today, and I would like to know if you can see anything unusual. Also, I would like to know what the other two pictures say, that are 2 cm lymph node or the marked submandibular gland which was operated on.

On two pictures, I see three small circles around a big circle, and on one of the pictures, some of the small circles have something inside of them.

Obviously doctors are investigating possible lymphoma, so I would really appreciate your help and if you could take a good look at everything and tell us an opinion about the features of the examined organs.

#

Let me start with the right neck lymph nodes seen on the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They have a fusiform shape which is a good sign. They are mildly enlarged, the index one short axis measures 6 mm.

Image 1: Lymph node with Doppler box, showing center blood supply which is again a good sign.

Image 2: Couple of mildly enlarged lymph nodes.

Image 3: Submandibular gland and mildly enlarged lymph nodes with a white center, fatty hilum, normal.

Image 4: Index lymph node measurement long x short axis 21 x 6 mm.

I would favor benign pathology versus lymphoma due to fusiform shape, central blood supply, preserved normal fatty hilum, and mild enlargement. This can also represent systemic inflammatory diseases.

|