Swollen Nose

What to do for a swollen and painful nose due to pulling off a hair from it?

Query: Hello doctor, My nose hair got pulled off due to the swelling inside my nose, and it is paining a lot. One side of my nose is very hard and tight. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Aniket

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is folliculitis of the nose. It is a common condition if a hair gets pulled out and the site gets an infection. It needs the following investigation and medication. Review with reports and start the medication from today.  Read Full »

I have a nose injury and while breathing my left nostril makes a weird nose. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,One week ago and five days, I hit a school clock off the wall and on the left side of my nose. I went to the E.R., and they said it was not broken, and it was only swollen and bruised. The swelling went down, but it is still hurting, and it has been stuff since then. I used a flashlight...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nasal trauma and consequent inflammation can cause symptoms like you are complaining. Epistaxis and stuffiness can be present. Since you have been examined at ER and they did not find any signs of fracture, there is nothing much to worry. The swelling you saw deep in...  Read Full »

I have cold with swollen nose. Kindly suggest some remedies.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold for more than one month. And have a swollen nose. What are the remedies to get relief?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be due to viral infection or bacterial infection or allergy. Use water vapor inhalation and salt water gargling thrice a day for five days. Avoid cool drinks and freeze water, avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use tablet Montelukast and Levocetirizine once a ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get thinner dorsum after resolution of swelling post rhinoplasty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old girl. I underwent a rhinoplasty six days ago. Today my surgeon took the cast off, and I saw my nose with a lot of swelling, I have a concern that I will not get the shape as I want a thinner dorsum. I am uploading the pre-surgical and post-surgical pictures. Is it poss...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankit Gupta

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Many of my patients will have trouble, so I do not assure them before surgery as the actual results take time to show due to swelling. I hope your surgeon must have convinced you and so...  Read Full »

Should I take my son to a doctor immediately for a nosebleed?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 year old son bumped his nose on his cousin, while in a swimming pool. It bled a lot, but I pinched his nose for a couple of minutes while he was sitting on my lap. The bleeding stopped immediately. Now, he is calm and watching television. Should I take him to a doctor immediately?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mechanical compression is the treatment of epistaxis, most of the bleeding stop by this method. If the bleeding does not stop, then we do a nasal packing. But in this case, as the bleeding stopped, there is no need of further treatment if there is no recurrence of bleedi...  Read Full »

When should I go for a review after septoplasty and maxillary antrostomy surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had septoplasty and maxillary antrostomy four weeks back, but I still have swelling in the nose. My Rhinocort nose spray does not stay in my nose when I spray it. I rinse my nose with saline four times a day, and still, my nose is dry. I am going to get a doctor's appointment after ei...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After the surgery, it is advised you schedule an appointment with the ENT surgeon in about a week. This visit enables the surgeon to assess the healing, any crusting, infection, etc. Eight weeks may be too late. The nasal spray forms a mist inside the nose when you spray,...  Read Full »

How to confirm nose fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, While playing volleyball game today, I think my nose hit my teammate's leg when we were going after the ball. Now, my nose hurts. When I try to move it, I hear a cracking noise. Also, I think it is swollen. Would my nose be broken? Should I meet my athletic trainer?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A cracking noise and a swollen nose are suggestive of a broken nose. It means there could be a fracture in the nasal bones. Another symptom would be bleeding from the nose at the time of injury. In case of a nasal fracture there will be a lot of swelling over the nose...  Read Full »