Q. Will drinking lots of water and honey intake help in reducing nose and throat inflammation?

Dr. Ds Bakshi

I have a few questions regarding inflammation anywhere in the nose or throat whether mild, moderate or severe. Does drinking a lot of water, gargling with salt water, taking tablespoons of honey each day, and getting a lot of sleep remove it fast and also prevent it in the first place? Also, what are the best and quickest natural ways to get rid of inflammation fast and prevent it from happening in the first place from then on? If able you can also share medicines that are for it. I am also curious as to whether dust can cause allergies that can lead to inflammation. I am trying to learn more about health and medical care.

This has been only recent and I would say it is rather mild. I realize each time it occurs it is in the spring or if I have not been eating healthy and enough, not getting enough consistent sleep, and areas of my home have dust, especially since I have been inside at home for the past three weeks straight. Checking in if I am doing the right things to properly take care of it.

Dr. Ds Bakshi

#

All the habits of water, honey, etc., are helpful. No doubt about it. One more thing if you can do is put almond oil (provided you are not allergic to almonds) 0.5 ml in each nostril for two to three days. It really works well. I personally vouch for it. You will sleep better too.

As you said it is seasonal so allergic components will be there. So you will require the following for proper resolution.

Take one tablet Montelukast 10 mg, Levocetirizine 5 mg once a day in the evening as it causes little drowsiness.

Montelukast is available as Singulair 10 mg. Levocetirizine is available as Xyzal 5 mg.

|