Swollen Penis

My penis got swollen after sex. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, After I had sex for the first time, there is a piece of skin on the side of the penis. Is it normal? It is very sensitive and uncomfortable. I have attached a picture.  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the picture is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that it is normal. If there is any swelling or tenderness over that area, visit a doctor for help. If not, there is nothing to worry. For more information consult a sexolo...  Read Full »

Why does my penis get swollen after masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, unmarried and had no physical relationship yet. Earlier, I have got circumcision. Now swelling of penis head is present. The swelling is more prominent on the left side but difference can be seen on all sides. I believe this happened two weeks ago, but I notic...  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer these questions, so that I can help you better. Do you masturbate a lot? If so, how many times in a week? Is it done by lying on bed and pressing your penis? Did you get fever since the swelling? Revert back with the information to an internal medicine ph...  Read Full »

How to treat swollen and painful glans?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old unmarried male. My height is 6'2" and weight is 73 kg. For the past three months, I have pain in the left side of my glans penis. At the same time, I have a continuous pain on the left side of the anus. The pain around the anus is not severe, but it is enough to bother...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and findings I am suspicious of chronic prostatitis, which is a longstanding infection of the prostate. It is associated with pain in the perineal region, which is neither mild nor severe. It needs to be confirmed with a per rectal examination in whi...  Read Full »

Is my penis swollen because of masturbating a lot?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. My weight 46 Kg. I have been masturbating since 2010 till now. But now, I have been facing problems like premature ejaculation, nightfall, other problems like loss of appetite, weakness and poor memory.  I ejaculate 3 times within 1 hour. I also watch porn v...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all I would like to inform you that masturbation is completely a normal phenomenon. It is not associated with any side effects and do not cause any problems if performed for pleasure. In other words it is ...  Read Full »

The tip of my penis is very tight and swollen after using antibiotics for chest infection. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Over the last three days, the tip of my penis has become very tight and looks swollen. It is difficult to retract the foreskin and also there was blood after masturbation. This issue started when I used antibiotics for chest infection. Currently I am taking Prednisone for chronic hive...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like posthitis or inflammation of foreskin leading to phimosis. This may require a circumcision sooner or later. Consult your family doctor for this, and he may refer you to a concerned specialist. It is a short day care procedure. Take care.  Read Full »

My penis tip is looking different with some swelling. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My penis tip is swollen and skin is also looking different. It happened three months back. I consulted a urologist, skin specialist also, it has not reduced. I did not have any bad habits and not have any illegal relation, unmarried. Please help me. Sometimes near the tip, there is bu...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from balanitis. There are various causes for balanitis which include yeast infection (the most common cause), bacterial infections, viral infection, sexually transmitted infections, skin irritation, and allergy. I would suggest you consult a phy...  Read Full »

I have swollen and discolored penis. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been frequently dealing with a red, swollen meatus as well as discoloration on the penis glans. It first began after unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand three years ago. About two weeks after the original encounter, I began experiencing a burning sensation wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed all the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can appreciate slight color change of the glans. It can be pre-vitiligo, but it is too early to be absolutely sure. I would recommend you to keep a watch on it whether t...  Read Full »

Why is there itching and pain in penis during sex?

Query: Hi doctor, My penis gets swollen after sex for the past two months. I have itching and pain during sex. I will send you the picture of my swollen penis.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The swollen penis with itching can be due to balanitis with inflammation in penis and glans. You can take an anti-inflammatory drug to get relief from pain and inflammation. If the swellin...  Read Full »

The tip of my penis is red and swollen. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. Since the last 10 days, I am having a serious red swollen tip of the penis with burning and stinging after urinating. Initially, I thought it might be because of UTI. So, my doctor had written for urine routine test and urine culture test which came negative. But th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I have checked all the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most probably, you have urethritis which may be caused by many organisms. I have two questions in order to exclude any serious infection: Do you ...  Read Full »

My entire foreskin is swollen and red. Is it due to the steroid cream I used?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 51 years and nondiabetic. It seems I am suffering from balanitis for the past two weeks. Earlier, I had the problem of ringworm, but then after medication of Clotrimazole ointment and oral tablet Terbinafine, it was treated. After a couple of months of that problem, I noticed two wee...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your complaints and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your concern is balanitis. What your dermatologist had suggested is appropriate. You are facing side effects due to potent steroid in FourDerm (combination of Chlorhexidine, Clobetasol...  Read Full »