Common "Swollen Testicles" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Swollen Testicles

Testicles can get swollen in many conditions and can cause testicular pain. The most common causes of testicular swelling are testicular torsion, epididymitis, hydrocele, varicocele, and infections.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My 24-year-old son has a small lump in his testicle. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 24-year-old son discovered a small lump in his testicle about a month ago. He saw a urologist immediately, who did a physical exam, drew some blood, and took a urine specimen. He said that the lump was located on the back of the testicle and was most likely a benign cyst. We had a f...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Relax and do not worry. Testicular lumps are very common in young people. As your urologist has examined you, there is a high chance of it being a benign cyst arising from the epididymis. But, I will suggest an ultrasound scrotum to confirm it is a cyst. So, insist o...  Read Full »

I have stiffness in the penis shaft. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been to four urologists and none of them know what is wrong with me. Hopefully, you will have some information I do not already possess.I have a lot of discomfort with the penile shaft. It feels like there as knots and stiffness in the shaft muscle. When running or any kind of e...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I agree that your symptoms are very vague. As per your history, I can conclude either Peyronie's disease, or side effects of enhancement pills. This can be possible due to one of the side effects of enhancement pills. In some cases like in yours, enhancement pills ar...  Read Full »

Why do I have excess fluid around the right testicle?

Query: Hello doctor, A week ago, I was going to the bathroom and noticed a swelling of my right testicle. After feeling around, I then noticed that the testicle was normal size. There is just some excess fluid around my right testicle. This immediately freaked me out, as anything wrong made me think of can...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Relax and do not worry. If you or your GP do not feel any lump from the testis, then it is not likely to be testis cancer. So, I feel it would be a simple hydrocele. So, do not worry at all. Yes, show it to the urologist, as he will advise you an ultrasound of the sc...  Read Full »

My testis size reduced after developing intense pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I was forced to go to the ER due to intense pain and swelling of the left testicle. I was then made to urinate in a cup and ultrasound of the testes. After the ultrasound it was concluded that I did not need surgery which is a relief, and I am thankful for this. I then had a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan Govindasamy

Answer: Hi,Welcome to what you have described, I think you had left epididymo-orchitis (inflammation of epidermis or testes). You should get a urine culture done. About 50 percent of the time, the affected testis goes for atrophy, in spite of antibiotic treatment. But, hormone deficiency du...  Read Full »

I have a swollen left testicle with dull, aching pain. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a swollen left testicle, and I am unable to achieve a full orgasm. I also experience a dull, aching pain in my left testicle and notice swollen veins on the left side of my scrotum.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

Answer: Hi, We welcome you to icliniq family. I appreciate the confidence you place in me for your healthcare consultation. I understand your concern. A swollen testicle, dull pain, and dilated veins (which feel like worms below the skin) are signs of varicocele (dilated veins with a backflow of blood ...  Read Full »

I suffer from left testicle pain and also have sexual problems. Is it due anti-anxiety pills that I take?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had left testicle pain that comes on and off. I have had it for years now. I have consulted an allergist and our family doctor as well. They put me on Ciprofloxacin about four times now and it has come back every year. I wonder what is going on because I have also had an ultras...  Read Full »

Dr. Choudhary Devendra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Testicular pain is quite common in young adults. Idiopathic orchalgia is due to the pull of cremaster muscles more active in the young. Use scrotal support. If pain is severe I suggest you take a tablet of Pregabalin 75 at bedtime. There is no need for antibiotics. F...  Read Full »

I have lower left abdominal pain and swelling in my left testicle. How do I overcome it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 49 years old. I had itching in the urethra around three years ago. I never went to the doctor regarding it. This year I suffered from pain in the lower left abdomen. In addition, I have swelling and pain in the left testicle. I do not take any medication except Paracetamol. How do...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please help me with a few details so that I can assist you better: Do you have difficulty passing urine, such as a weak stream or straining to pass urine? If you strain to pass urine, does the flow increase or decrease? Do you have to wake up multiple times at...  Read Full »

Why is my right testicle heavy and voluminous than the left?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a lot of issues with my penis. I was tested for all STDs, and the results were negative. I have constant pain in my right testicle, and it feels heavy and voluminous compared to the left. My foreskin and glans are constantly red and dry. The tip of my penis gets red afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thank you for the query. According to your statement, you have been suffering from penile problems. According to the pictures provided here (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), you may suffer from lumps and bumps on the tip of your penis that ...  Read Full »

Why has my left testicle grown big after injection of fat into penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a scrotoplasty and liposuction on lower stomach and inner thighs for injecting of fat into the penis. I have had symptoms of pain as I stand. When blood rushes to the genitals, the pain starts to build to the point where I need to lie down. When I lie down the pain goes. While f...  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Considering the absence of symptoms like fever, tenderness, and pain on touching, we can be certain that there is no inflammatory process going on. Likely cause for your pain can be altered anatomical orientation of structures which are causing stretch of skin and c...  Read Full »

Why does my penis shrinks halfway when I sit down?

Query: Hello doctor, I had rashes around my scrotum that lasted for about a month and then wet away with anti-fungal medications. A day or two later, I noticed my left testicle was four times bigger than the size of another testicle. It is shiny. And I was diagnosed with hydrocele. There is no change in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Fungal infections are usually recurrent. And also, fungal infection tends to get a secondary infection of bacteria which causes enlargement of testicles and stretching of testicular skin. Hydrocele cannot be confirmed based on appearance alone. An ultrasound of the s...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.