Q. I have a painful ball attached to the testicle. Please suggest medication.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 09, 2020

I have a painful medium size ball that I think is attached to my left testicle. It hurts too much to check, but it will not move away from my testicle, so I assume it is attached. I am not on any medications.

#

Medium sized painful ball attached to your testis can be inflammatory and painful. I understand the situation and hope to work up towards the right diagnosis and treatment.

The different masses can be inflammation of epididymis which is above the testis or spermatocele which is a cyst containing sperms and it can be painful if infected. Abscess also can be near the testis and can cause pain. Hematoma blood collection beside testis results from trauma or injury. Other thing like torsion of testis means twist of testis and blockage of its blood supply is considered an emergency and needs an immediate operation.

Ultrasound is diagnostic to confirm the mass and its type then we can decide about the treatment. I prefer you to go to a clinic near you to check preferably if they have ultrasound there then can be diagnosed properly.

You can take painkillers like Brufen tablets 400 mg thrice daily with Omeprazole 20 mg at night to prevent gastric ulcer and in addition Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) tablet 625 mg thrice daily for a week.

Ultrasound scrotum.

|