Q. I have swelling on the left side of my vagina, with no itching, burning, or oozing. Please help.

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am experiencing swelling on the left side of my vagina (labia major). I reached out to a doctor, and he determined that he was unsure about what caused the swelling after looking at my photos and seeing it live. There is no burning, itching, or oozing. I am also taking Azelastine for post nasal drip.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shared by you.

• Is there any rise in temperature and pain in the local area?
  • Did you try shaving of hair?
  • Do you do any intense exercise?
  • Since when are you having this?
  • Can you feel any unusual hardness in the swollen area? How does it feel upon being pressed like any pus formation?

At this stage, although there is swelling, it does not appear problematic.

Please provide the above details so that I can help you better.

It is nevertheless based upon the information presented by you.

1. Apply Surfaz SN (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone, and Neomycin) cream locally.
  2. Keep the area dry and clean.
  3. Use V Wash (Tea tree oil, Sea Buckthorn oil and Lactic acid formulation) to clean.
  4. Wear loose cotton underwear.
  5. Do not do intense exercise.

Do not worry; I am always there for you.

Feel free to ask any questions or to share any additional information.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

No, it does not feel like pus. There is no rise in temperature or pain; it was just noticeable to me. Their feeling is more of a firm balloon. However, this is only apparent when sitting and examining. When lying down or standing up, it does not feel like the swelling is there. I have tried saving a few times prior in the past, and honestly, I am not that good.

I had this for maybe right before my cycling, which ended two weeks ago. It has digressed since then.

#

It is wonderful to hear no pain, no rise in temperature, and no pus. It is such a relief. I was worried that due to hair removal, there are cases of pus formation, and it is excruciating and unhygienic. So as I said, do not worry. I do not see anything serious I have checked the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. Keep good hygiene in the local area, which I am sure you are already maintaining.
  2. Wear loose cotton underwear
  3. Apply Surfaz SN cream locally
  4. Do not do intense exercise.
  5. For a few days, try to change the detergent with which you wash your underwear.

Do not worry, I am sure you are fine and nothing serious.

Nevertheless, I will discuss the thing with my colleagues and friends and will give additional information to you if required. Do not worry; I am always there for you.

|