Q. Please help me understand the reason for my symptoms.

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 23, 2020

I have the following problems in my daily life. Social phobia, inferiority complex, lack of concentration and fear of everything. I am not interested to do anything. I am leading a sedentary lifestyle. I also masturbate a lot. I am thinking consistently about my future and living without happiness. I am also suffering from hypertension and palpitations. Please help.

#

• First of all, inferiority complex, social phobia, poor concentration and fear of everything can be a manifestation of depression or anxiety disorders.
  • Having said this, we need to understand that the same symptoms can be present in abnormal thyroid function. The presence of hypertension and palpitations are another factor, which points that, we need to rule out thyroid problem.
  • I mean to say that please get T3, T4 and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) from nearby laboratory as this could be the only thing as a possible root cause of your problem.
  • In addition, we also need to evaluate the renal function. For doing the same please get blood urea and serum creatinine test from the medical laboratory. Once the two tests done, revert back to me with the details of the report.

For further information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

|