Symptoms Of Scabies

Please give a correct diagnosis for bumps on scrotum and whole body itch.

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had bumps on my scrotum and now I got few bumps on my penis head. I have attached the pictures for better idea. First It was told that these maybe cysts. And later it was told as Fordyce spots. Please give me correct diagnosis. Thanks.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are neither cyst nor Fordyce spots. Sexually transmitted disease can be a probability. But, for proper diagnosis I need to know the complete history that is the onset, progression and duration of lesion. Did you experience any whole body itching predominantly a...  Read Full »

How to treat itchy bumps and rashes in the genital area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes on my leg and arms. It started a month ago. I am applying steroid cream for that. Two days back started appearing in genital areas too. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachments removed to protect patient identity). I can see few fluid filled blisters. Please answer few questions of mine. Is the rash itchy or painful? If itchy, is it more during the day or night? Does the rash app...  Read Full »

Why do I have constant itching between the fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from itching problem in between fingers of both hands. It is a kind of red rash. I am suffering with this since nine months. Please suggest some remedy. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is the complaint in it? Is there itching, pain or burning? Does itching predominantly occur at night? Are abdomen and genitalia also affected? Revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/derma...  Read Full »

Post HIV exposure, I had rashes, diarrhea and now sinusitis. Have I contracted it?

Query: Hello doctor, Within 24 hours of an exposure to HIV,  I had itchiness all over my body, especially around the inner thigh, knee, elbow, wrist, waist, and lower abdomen. I noticed a few pimple-like rashes around my inner thigh, probably due to scratching. But, my brother said that it looks like a sc...  Read Full »

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no chance that you have been infected by the HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), as all the tests have come back negative. Also, you have recovered well from your fever without a treat...  Read Full »

What is the problem for having big thread like rashes and growth in my genitals?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some growth on my genitals. They look like big thread-like rashes. I did a urine test for infections, and the results were negative. I have done a skin culture test which said it is a fungal infection. I have taken various antibiotics like Ceftriaxone, Augmentin, and Septrin. But ...  Read Full »

Dr. Yeshwanth Kumar

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are they itchy? Any other sites involved like finger web spaces, abdomen? Any other family members or friends have similar complaints?  Read Full »

My daughter has scabies, which did not subside with medication. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 20 months old and weighs 15 kg. She is a very active child. She was suffering from severe itching and rashes. The doctor diagnosed her with scabies. He prescribed HH mite cream for three days, and Atarax syrup 2.5 ml thrice a day. On the rash, he asked us to apply Flutivate...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please continue the Atarax syrup (Hydroxyzine) only if there is itching. You can repeat HH mite cream (Permethrin) if itching is significant. It has to be applied to the whole body below the neck. Avoid the head, face, neck, anal and vaginal areas. Also, avoid regio...  Read Full »

What should I do for itching arms and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, My arms and legs have started itching very badly from last three to four days. First I thought it is happening due to not applying moisturizer after swimming. Now, I am applying all kinds of moisturizer and oils, but no effect. It is not dry but very itchy. When I stretch my arms or legs,...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your descriptions it seems that you are suffering from scabies (swimming pool induced). If you can send some pictures, it will be helpful for me in management part. Scabies is an intensely pruritic skin infestation caused by the mite. The diagnosis of scabie...  Read Full »