Symptoms Of Sinusitis

When will I get my sense of smell back after chronic sinusitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had symptoms of chronic sinusitis. My symptoms were congestion, weak sense of smell, post nasal drip, and severe pain. I have been using Budesonide rinses twice daily and all my symptoms are gone except weak sense of smell. Will my sense of smell come back? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.The sense of smell is felt only when the olfactory nerve endings sitting at the top of the nose are accessible and receive aromatic vapors from the air we breathe. In Chronic rhinosinusitis, the anatomical changes in the nose can affect the air reaching the top, which is th...  Read Full »

Can I get my sense of smell back after sinusitis, or will it be permanently damaged?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had symptoms of chronic sinusitis without polyps for 24 months now. My ENT said I had mild to moderate sinusitis. My symptoms were congestion, eustachian tube dysfunction, a weak sense of smell, postnasal drip, and severe pain. I have been using Budesonide rinses twice daily, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ranjit Peter

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your clinical history and response to therapy, we can expect some improvement in the sense of smell. The fact that there is some sense of smell is favorable. However, it would be beneficial to know the status of your sinuses in terms of persi...  Read Full »

Why is stuffy ears and sinuses not improving after one month of medications?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 45-year-old female. I have had stuffy ears and sinuses with pain for the past two months. There is a change in my tone. I consulted an ENT doctor, and he prescribed me tablet Alercet-D, Mucolite, and a spray. He also suggested me do steam inhalation. After one week, he changed my me...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your history and investigation reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).You have reasons to develop nose or sinus issues that can extend through a tube connecting the nose and ear. Your CT (computed tomography) scan shows deviate...  Read Full »

Can I get my sense of smell back after getting treated for sinus infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from symptoms of chronic sinusitis without polyps for the past 22 months. I am using Budesonide rinses twice daily, which has successfully treated my maxillary sinus infection. My ethmoid sinuses are improving too. I no longer have pain. However, I sometimes ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Prajakta Keluskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are doing well. If possible, send me your CT (computed tomography) scan reports. If your sinus pathways are getting blocked, then you might encounter these problems. I can suggest you temporary medications, but it will not be a permanent cure. So, I a...  Read Full »

What causes a dry nose and loss of taste and smell?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 24-year-old female with a weight of 60 kilograms and a height of five feet three inches. I am having a dry nose with a cough for three days. I have a loss of taste and smell sensation. Currently, I am using nasal spray and doing steam therapy. Can I have sinusitis? What can I do to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having sinusitis for two to three days. As it is acute, you will become better soon. Sinusitis is caused by allergy or bacterial infection. As you have a cough with loss of taste, so it suggests a bacterial infection. You are using nasal spray and Paracetamo...  Read Full »

Are the recurrent headaches due to sinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 20 years old and studying in a hostel. For the last one month, she is suffering from a headache. After taking painkiller it subsides and again it stars on the next day. So after three days, I consulted an ENT doctor and he after examining and after taking X-ray, diagnosed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache can be of many reasons but while pertaining it to ENT, it is mostly due to sinusitis. For declaring the headache due to sinusitis you should have got done a nasal diagnostic endoscopy by an ENT surgeon or should get a CT scan of the paranasal sinus. X-rays are of...  Read Full »