Q. I have a dry nose and do not have a sense of taste and smell. Can you help me feel better?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 31, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 27, 2021

I am a 24-year-old female with a weight of 60 kilograms and a height of five feet three inches. I am having a dry nose with a cough for three days. I have a loss of taste and smell sensation. Currently, I am using nasal spray and doing steam therapy. Can I have sinusitis? What can I do to feel better?

#

You are having sinusitis for two to three days. As it is acute, you will become better soon. Sinusitis is caused by allergy or bacterial infection. As you have a cough with loss of taste, so it suggests a bacterial infection. You are using nasal spray and Paracetamol. Along with your current medicines, you can also take tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once a day for five days. You can take tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice a day for five days. Take these medicines after food.

You have an allergy or bacterial infection.

You can do CBC (complete blood count).

You seem to have a bacterial infection.

You can take antibiotics and anti-histamine.

Drink warm water. It helps to clear your throat.

Have a follow-up after five days.

|