iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral MedicinesyncopeI have been experiencing dizziness, lightheadedness and have symptoms of low blood sugar. Why?

Why do I have lightheadedness, dizziness and also symptoms of low blood sugar?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At February 3, 2023
Reviewed AtSeptember 13, 2023

Patient's Query

I have been experiencing dizziness and lightheadedness feeling and also symptoms of low blood sugar. However, when I checked my blood sugar with a monitor, it was 113.51 mg/dL. As this was regular, I checked my blood pressure during dizziness which was 110/68 mm of Hg. I told my doctor about this, and they did a blood test to check my thyroid, which was normal. I eat around 2700 calories a day but what I do is I have my evening meal around 6.30 PM and will only eat then around 10.30 AM, and I have a very active job. I consulted a cardiologist and told him of the symptoms, and he did an ECG and echocardiogram, which were perfectly normal. Kindly help.

Your symptoms could be related to epilepsy seizures. The EEG (electroencephalogram) shows many muscle and ocular artifacts. There is also focal slowing in the fronto- central leads, which could be related to these attacks of falling. I would also recommend performing an ambulatory 24 to 48 hours ECG (electrocardiogram) to investigate for possible cardiac arrhythmia.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Dr. Vedprakash Verma

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy