Tactile Hallucination

Can tactile hallucination occur due to alcohol abstinence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have¬†schizophrenia for more than 25 years. I had Clozapine for 15 years and now I am on Aripiprazole. I stayed away from alcohol for eight years. Before six months, I had alcohol once. Now, I am having some tactile hallucination. Is it due to alcohol abstinence? Will it disappear?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are abstinent for the last eight years, then tactile hallucinations are not due to alcohol intoxication or alcohol withdrawal. It means, it is due to your illness schizophrenia. Are you on any antipsychotic now? Revert back with the answer to the above q...  Read Full »