Tail Bone Pain

I am facing severe pain near the tail bone even after applying gels. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing severe pain near the tail bone, I use a computer daily, and I play badminton. I even applied gels but no use.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have studied your case. Due to microtrauma, there may be fibrosis formation. Do hot fomentation over the sacrum. It will take weeks to months to subside. Use ring cushion and take sitz bath [sitting in lukewarm water for 10 minutes]. Take analgesic like Nucoxia 90 ...  Read Full »

After a fall slammed tailbone into cement floor. Can a chiropractor fix this?

Query: Hello doctor, After a fall slammed tailbone into cement floor. I cannot walk having much trouble during walking. Can a chiropractor help, correct and fix this?  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, an X-ray is a must. As the impact was on the cement floor, there might be a possibility of bone injury. Post-X-ray, we can say the possible next treatment plan. Usually with rest for the initial time and using piles pillow will allow the less compressio...  Read Full »

Why do my back keeps hurting right where the spine meets the pelvis?

Query: Hi doctor,I was wondering why my tailbone seems to pop in multiple places like my back. It only happens when I stretch in the morning and tense the muscles around the area. Also, I would like to know why my back keeps hurting right where the spine meets the pelvis, i.e., at the bottom of my back bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for providing a brief history. It sounds to me as the SI (sacroiliac) joint dysfunction. Due to which, there will be a kind of biomechanical changes in the bone and the joint compression leading to pressure on the joint receptors. Also, there might be a weakn...  Read Full »

I have a pain near the tailbone after a blood patch was performed. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a spinal tap done two weeks ago, and a blood patch three days later. The blood patch worked but, I still get headaches and do not feel well at all. I have a swollen bump on my tailbone that hurts. I saw my doctor who did not seem too sure about it but, said there did not seem to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vansh Priya

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.You most probably experienced a post dural puncture headache (PDPH), for which you were administered an epidural blood patch.Your signs and symptoms are more suggestive of a meningeal irritation due to some infection. I would suggest you consult a neurophysician for the...  Read Full »

My son has stomach pains, which spreads to the rest of his body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 8 year old son began having pain on and around his bones about three weeks ago. It is mild in the morning and progressively gets worse into the night. The pain starts at the belly button and quickly moves to the ribs and throat. He felt like he was gagging and had tightness in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Alon Seifan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once you rule out major medical illness, I would consider childhood migraines in this case. Is there a family history of somebody who gets regular headaches? Migrating pain in neurology is usually diagnosable based on the duration. Seconds and minutes versus hours sometim...  Read Full »

After a fall, I have pain in my right lower back. What shall I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I fell on a wooden set of stairs last night and landed mostly on my right lower back. From the morning, I feel like someone is squeezing my kidney every time I move. The pain is even more severe when I move my right leg. I do not see any blood in my urine and I do not want to go all the w...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry to hear this. As you are telling the pain only when you are moving, it is most likely to be due to some local injury and muscle spasm. If you are getting pain while walking or while sitting on the floor or hard surface then there is a chance of bone injury ei...  Read Full »