Q. My tailbone slammed into cement floor after a fall. Is it curable by a chiropractor?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 09, 2019

After a fall slammed tailbone into cement floor. I cannot walk having much trouble during walking. Can a chiropractor help, correct and fix this?

#

First of all, an X-ray is a must. As the impact was on the cement floor, there might be a possibility of bone injury. Post-X-ray, we can say the possible next treatment plan. Usually with rest for the initial time and using piles pillow will allow the less compression over the injured area. Post which the exercise to strengthen the hip muscles are advised to regain the muscle strength. Please take an X-ray and share the report. X-ray to be taken is PA pelvic bones or PA coccyx.

Is stiffness in thoracic area during movement a serious problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I had this stiffness, almost something pushing in my left thoracic area just under my shoulder blade, for the past six months and I feel it most when I am moving my left arm forward or keeping it forward or upward for some time (like for example when I wash plates). It is not painful,...  Read Full »

I am experiencing neck and shoulder pain from childhood. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female, and I am experiencing chronic neck and shoulder pain. It ranges from dull to severe and happens when I stand or walk for over an hour. I have been experiencing this since I was a child and have never received an explanation or treatment. I am not sure if it is r...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the cause and remedy for bilateral spondylolysis.

Query: Hello doctor, What is bilateral spondylolysis between L5 and S1? What is the cause? What is the remedy? I have pain near the tail-bone, especially when seated. I have started experiencing a sharp pain when lifting clothes from a bucket.  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now