Q. While placing a tampon for periods, I felt a bump inside the vagina. Should I need to be concerned?

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have periods now. I thought that my period bleeding got stopped and so I decided not to wear anything. But now I still have bleeding and had bled on my panties. When I went to insert a tampon, I noticed that the applicator had a bump and got diverted itself. I pulled it out immediately. I proceeded to check inside of me and I did not felt anything that caused the bump. Then I proceeded to insert the applicator portion again and I did not feel the bump anymore. Should I need to be concerned? I do not feel feverish and the discharge in my underwear was red. I did not have any smell other than the usual period smell.

#

I understand your concern. The bump you felt can be a vaginal wall as you did not feel anything for the second time. I suggest you wait for a day or two to observe the bleeding. If it stops, then it seems to be regular period bleeding and there is nothing to be worried. If you find anything unusual with an increase in bleeding or pain, then seek medical help immediately. Do not leave the tampon inside there as it can cause severe health issues.

|