Q. Can I use ayurveda beauty products for tanned skin?

Dr. Swati Totla
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

I have dry skin. I do not have any health problems, but my skin got tanned and black as I spent most of my time in the sun. My appearance looks more than my age. I want to make my skin fair and glow with the ayurveda products. I have read a lot of natural beauty products on the internet like turmeric, sandalwood, multani mitti, papaya and milk powder. But, it is confusing as which suits me well to make my skin fair and glow. Please suggest me the best one for my skin, Also, advise when and how to use that. Also, I read on the internet about kumkumadi tailam, eladi oil and kanti vardhaka. Are these good to use? If it is so, then how to use it? Is there any oil and cream in ayurveda to make my skin glow? Please suggest.

Dr. Swati Totla

#

Yes, what you have heard about ayurveda skin products are very good, but the product will not be suitable for everyone.

• I suggest you to follow a few things. Massage your face twice weekly with Kumkumadi tailam.
  • I suggest you to make a paste of cuddapah almond, add a pinch of turmeric powder and milk, mix them, apply before bath and rub well. This will clear your tan problem and dry skin problem.
  • Daily morning, mix raw milk and a pinch of turmeric powder and apply on the tanned portion. Massage with it and take a bath after half an hour.
  • Internally, I suggest you Kaishore guggulu two tablets for two times and Sarivadyasava 15 mL with water twice daily after meals. Follow these the above for one month for better results.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|