Teeth Discoloration

Why is there a color change in the injured tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old baby has fallen a few days back, and her front tooth got injured. Now the color of the damaged tooth is turning into dirty white. But she is not experiencing any pain or formation of pus. Will this color keep on changing? Can we expect the growth of the new tooth in t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am very sorry for the discomfort. As a specialist, I am here to help you. As per the history (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the baby got trauma to the upper right deciduous central incisor tooth. It is natural to post-...  Read Full »

How to eliminate the brownish spots on my teeth?

Query: Hi doctor,What are the brownish spots that have formed between my upper back teeth? They are on both sides. I just noticed these brown spots tonight while brushing my teeth. They do not come off when I brush them. I have a habit of chewing tobacco.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity); I am very sorry for the inconvenience. As a specialist, I am here to help you. The brown spots over the teeth that do not clean by brushing are stains and plaque. They...  Read Full »

Does tooth discoloration indicate that the tooth is dead?

Query: Hello doctor, I am seeing by my top gumline 6 of my teeth have mild abfractions and are changing color from the gumline down. I do not know what to do and I am freaking out. Are my teeth all dead? My last visits to the dentist's office is in November of last year and I noticed some color change in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and seen the attached image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The image is not clear to determine any specific concerns of yours as color was not visible properly. But as an expert, your teeth looked fine. You need scalin...  Read Full »

How to get rid of numbness in front teeth and gum following injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I fell last Sunday and hit my face including my front teeth. Four teeth and top gum become numb for the past eight days. I can bite my teeth though I feel numb. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Do you find any changes in the way your teeth rest? Do you find any tooth that hits when you bite on? Any tooth sensitivity? Any fractured or chipped tooth? This is not normal and you need to visit a dentist straight away and get your jaw ...  Read Full »

Is root canal treatment the reason for my chipped tooth to turn gray?

Query: Hi doctor, When I was young I tripped and chipped my tooth. It was when I was 20 years old that I got braces and the dentist told me I had to get a root canal for that specific tooth. She said that the tooth was dead already. I thought it was just a chipped tooth because it looked normal and did no...  Read Full »

Dr. Akmal Abdelmalek

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. When you banged your tooth and part of it chipped away, the pulp or the core of nerves and blood vessels that provide nourishment to the tooth probably died. It is not possible to judge this now but your dentist must have done the required tests to come up with ...  Read Full »

Are bad smell and brown discoloration in a broken tooth suggestive of infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke a big part of my tooth, and I cannot get to the dentist as I have no money and no medical insurance. Now it smells, and looks pale brown color. I am scared, is it infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Breaking of a part of the tooth is termed as tooth fracture. There are a number of types of tooth fractures. A few of them are symptomatic and cause pain. These require immediate attention. A few other types do not cause pain immediately. But they might show color ch...  Read Full »

Why are my teeth turning brownish even after using Hexidine mouthwash?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with my teeth. I started using Hexidine mouthwash last month for whitening of teeth, but it is not helping me, and soon my teeth are becoming brownish at some places. What should I do to clean it?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using Chlorhexidine mouthwash for more than 15 days in continuation causes brownish discoloration, that is the reason your teeth are becoming brownish. Now that you have developed chlorhexidine discoloration, I do not think scaling will be of any use. Instead, I would s...  Read Full »

How to remove yellow stains from teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow discoloration on my teeth. The stains persist even after getting my teeth cleaned. The nearby dentist informed that the stains are due to chlorine content in the water. What should I do to remove these stains?  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowish discoloration of the tooth has multiple causes. In your case, as the stains are not going with cleaning and scaling, it can be due to any one of the following. Fluoride in water causing problems during tooth formation. Injury to the tooth during childhood. Any ...  Read Full »

I have a discolored broken tooth with a hole. Is there a chance of infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a discolored broken tooth with a hole. Is there any way I could have an infection, there is no pain in the area, and I can feel the tooth when I press with my tongue.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Narendeepak

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your concern. I assume all your concerns are based on one tooth. Two scenarios are happening there. 1) The nerve of that tooth might be dead, which is the reason for not feeling any pain and causing discoloration in the same. 2) The nerve is und...  Read Full »

How can I whiten my orange colored tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are orange in color since I was born. What is the treatment to make them white?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. In case, there is any sort of stains, plaque or calculus, you need to visit a periodontist and get oral prophylaxis done with post-bleaching. In case, there is thin enamel and the yellowish discoloration ...  Read Full »