Q. Are my teeth discolored due to cavities?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
Published on Oct 11, 2018

Recently I have seen some discoloration on the side of my teeth, especially back towards my molars. However, I do not feel any pain, aches, or sensitivity. Is it a cavity? I am not sure what I should be looking for if I have a cavity.

#

I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. Yes, if it is brown or black that means it is in the initial stage of the cavity. It takes a year or two to start symptoms like sensitivity or lodging of food in these cavities. You need to keep your teeth clean through brushing twice daily. If you can upload a picture here so that I can tell you that if there is any immediate treatment or filling needed. The proper way to address the problem is to get a dental filling done (restoration).

How to find out if I have caries under my tooth restoration?

Query: Hello doctor,I have three first molars that have been filled with amalgam three years ago. I need to know how can I find out if one of them has caries under the restoration because one more first molar was also restored by amalgam, and three years later, I was experiencing some pain. When the doctor...  Read Full »

Two of my wisdom teeth are impacted. Is it better to remove?

Query: Hi doctor, I visited a dentist and he completed deep cleaning of all four quadrants. I got composite fillings on one side of the mouth for five cavities (right side). However, I still have four cavities on the left side. I have two options. Wait for three more months and take care of it, as my in...  Read Full »

What is the reason for discoloration of teeth in a 15 months old?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. Her food includes apple, rice, green gram, vegetables along with breast milk. But, I am not adding sugar or salt. I am giving her Ostocalcium, vitamin D and multivitamins as suggested by her pediatrician. She has got ...  Read Full »