Teeth Grinding

Does grinding cause loosening of teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have noticed that my first molar is loose. I keep pushing it with my tongue and clenching a bit against it and I just noticed that it has become loose little more. I have my wisdom teeth and I think it might be applying pressure forward on these teeth. I read in a book that day grindin...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and you are having a habit of grinding your teeth during the night, that is called as bruxism and the symptomatic treatment for that is the use of mouth guards. I recommend you visit a dentist and get it checked. Your treatment depends on ...  Read Full »

Can teeth grinding result in tension headaches with tight neck and jaw muscles?

Query: Hi, hope you are well. I have been struggling with disequilibrium/off balance feeling for a few years now. Never fell. I went to an ENT and had a examination which ruled out bppv as well as an MRI of my brain and ears to rule out any organic causes. All came back normal. I do suffer from tension hea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, I read your concern.. In my opinion you would had have a upper cervical problem.. Could be aspondylosis or degeneration of vertebra with dysfunction.. Nothing to worry.. All you need to get is properly assessed for the concrete diagnosis.. And work with a good physio for proper mobilisatio...  Read Full »

Can clenching or grinding teeth result in restricted mouth opening?

Query: I can't open my mouth fully. Jaw pains for almost a week but this week it did not hurt it just when i open my mouth big. my mom told me I clenched my teeth and grinding it when im asleep  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query Ma'am . Am very sorry for the discomfort. As a Specialist am here to help you. Kindly Upload and image of the jaw where its painful . It might be due to Third molar eruption as pain and reduced jaw opening are common findin...  Read Full »

Why does my 19 months old son not eat and keeps grinding his teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, my son is 19 months old .... He is grinding teeth most of the time ... Not eating at all...only one spoon after that he has feel of vomiting.... So am giving food with a long interval between every bite... Also we r giving only mashed foods... Previously he was taking 2 idlies.. now e...  Read Full »

Dr. Samir Bhatia

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, hope you are safe. Thank you for the elaborate history. I appreciate your concern regarding your child. I would like to first tell you that grinding is a common phenomenal in children till 6 years most children outgrow it by 6 years. However at this age if he is grinding you can give him ple...  Read Full »

How to treat TMJ problem that has made smiling and opening the jaw painful?

Query: Hello doctor, I've been suffering from TMJ for a long time and I had left it untreated for long. Now the situation has gotten worse where it has become difficult for me to smile,open my jaw fully and also I feel extreme discomfort facially but I have consulted a dentist and he has blamed jaw clenc...  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: hey thnqq for query yes by using night guard u will surely get relief... take some medication also Rx tab. Flexon - MR twice a day tab. Neurobion forty once a day and do hot and cold fermentation also ( apply bearable hot pack (hand towel) on the affected side from outside of ur cheek tmj area ...  Read Full »

I grind my teeth at night and have pain from left molar and TMJ to ear. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I grind my teeth at night even though it has not been confirmed. I have the white lines on my cheeks. Yesterday and today I have this pain from my left molar to my TMJ and ear ache. And I do not know if it is from where the grinding is getting worse, a tooth infection, or ear infectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Osman Adam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The grinding teeth at night usually come from stress or psychological problems so you should visit a dentist near to you in order to get a night guard to protect grinding teeth at night. At the same time, you should consult with your psychiatric physician to know the ca...  Read Full »

Please explain the treatment options available for teeth grinding and underbite.

Query: Hi doctor, What is the best mouth guard used for teeth grinding? What is the cheapest way available to treat underbite?  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Teeth grinding affects dental health. It is a cause of attrition. If stress is the cause for grinding the teeth, then do regular exercise, yoga, and meditation. Avoid drinks that contain caffeine. Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking, if you have the habit. Take a suffici...  Read Full »

How to deal with teeth grinding that developed due to brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but ou...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Due to the tumor for which he was operated, the cerebellum (small brain) was affected. Due to that, he has developed bruxism which is a rare complication. Unfortunately, there is no effective established recommended treatment. Some ...  Read Full »

I have a radiating pain in my jaw. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a lot of pain in my jaw, which radiates from the left to the right side of my mouth. Now, I am having a strange pressure on my temples. It does not really hurt, but it is just kind of a pressure or odd feeling.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be due to grinding your teeth. If you have this habit, then quit it. If you have a habit of closing mouth tightly, then quit it soon. I suggest you try doing the following: Open and close your mouth whenever you are free. Massage your temple with olive oil or ca...  Read Full »