Q. Why do I have pain and tenderness in my jaw, teeth sensitivity, and neck pain?

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Hi I have been getting pain and tenderness in my jaw and face area also sensitivity in my teeth pain pressure around my head / temples on top of my scalp painful / blocked ears , clicking when I open and close my mouth and pain in my shoulders and neck mainly the front of my neck just under chin all around that area and dizziness

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapy
#

I read your concern

In my opinion you might have a Temperomandibular joint issue... That could have refffered pain all over. With upper neck stability issue.. I recommend you to kindly get checked with a physiotherapist properly diagnosed and paln the treatment.

As of now I recommend you to do

• Icing frequently on the jaw around the TMJ joint..
  • Gentle massage over the cheek muscles all over the face from temporal area to upper neck..
  • Gentle stretch to your muscles like just opening the mouth and stretching the muscles and sustaining the stretch for a while like for 10 secs initially and slowly increase the timing of holding the stretch.. Till 30 secs..
  • Measure the amount of mouth opening and keep that for your reference.. So that you can know the progress and efficiency of stretching

Do icing before and after the stretch.. Hope this is helpful for you.. Kindly revert back to me if you wish to have any more questions you have... Thanks..

|