Q. What will be the best treatment for pulled tendons in the knee?

Dr. Saswati Nanda

I went to a doctor, who told me that I have pulled some tendons in my right knee. It hurts when bent and if I run or walk. What would be the best way forward with the healing process? Can I still use the exercise bike at the gym? I am currently using Voltarol gel to help ease the pain.

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapy
#

As the doctor said, it is a tendon pull, which means it is due to overstretching of the tendon. So, I suggest you follow the following steps:

1. You have to give rest to that part to promote the healing process. Avoid weight-bearing exercises. You can use a knee support, which will provide rest to the knee.
  2. Try taking some medicines prescribed by an orthopedic doctor. It is in the inflammatory stage now, so the use of medicines will subside the inflammation.
  3. Go for static quadriceps exercise. Place a towel roll under your knee, then press it downwards with your knee. Press it and count up to 10, then release it. Repeat this for 50 to 100 times.
  4. You can use ice for pain relief. Place an ice pack on your knee. Do not rub it.
  5. Avoid heavy and prolonged exercises.
  6. Avoid that bike in the gym at least for a month.

Follow these instructions for at least a month. Consult me again after a month. Thank you.

Revert after a month to a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|