Tendonitis

How to manage pain in triceps and little finger?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old male with a height of 180 cm tall and a weight of 68 kg. I also lift weights, but I have stopped since the pain was in my tricep. For the past three months, I have been having sharp pains in my right tricep, which seems to happen randomly, and any specific action with...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the time, triceps tendonitis is caused over time by overuse. Triceps tendonitis can also occur with shoulder and elbow problems that have caused damage to the area, such as arthritis, muscle tears, or dislocation. Often, triceps tendonitis can get better with si...  Read Full »

I cannot lift my arms behind my head with some shoulder discomfort. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, If I lift up my arm in a bent position behind my head it just drops. I feel like something is out of place. I also have some discomfort in the shoulder area. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your shoulder x-rays appear to be normal. Could you please tell me if there was any history of injury to the shoulder? Also, do you ever have shoulder dislocation?  Read Full »

What could be the cause for my one-sided head, neck, and shoulder pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. I have pain on the right side of the head, neck, and shoulder. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from right-sided head, neck, and shoulder pain. Most head, neck, and shoulder pain is resulted from sprains and strains by incorrect posture or mechanical injury due to daily works. It m...  Read Full »

How to get relieved of shin pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my shin. There is one spot that in particular hurts. It hurts no matter what I am doing. The pain started when I started jumping rope yesterday. Earlier in the week, I started doing snatches for the first time and I may have not had proper form. I have now stopped. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, the likelihood of a stress fracture is minimal unless you are grossly Vitamin D deficient. There is a good chance this is tendonitis or periostitis which are both inflammatory conditions as that arise in the tendon and lining of the bone respe...  Read Full »

Will caving in of biceps occur due to tendon rupture or tendonitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night I worked out my arms, mainly my biceps and today I woke up and noticed that the upper region of my biceps has caved-in a little. It seems like it has changed its shape slightly. It does not look like a popeye. There is no constant pain, but I do get a dull pain when I firml...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Naidu

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have received your query and have gone through your physical findings and my diagnosis and treatment advice regarding this would be as follows. You said that previous night you have worked out your arms, the next day you had pain in anterior shoulder, and pain is ...  Read Full »

After a fall injury, I get frequent pain in wrist and thumb. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, Why has my wrist and thumb been hurting more frequently? Two years ago I fell on my thumb hyper-extending it and fracturing it in the process. Doctors that I have gone to said I have tendonitis in it now and that is why it hurts in the first place though no testing has been done to co...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can very well be tendonitis or some kind of arthritis secondary to damage. I think you should undergo MRI of lower forearm and hand so that we will confirm the diagnosis of tendonitis and rule out other pathology. Regarding management you can better try topical antii...  Read Full »

Is it possible for a tendon to swell and heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, Will extensor tendon disruption heal on its own? If so, how long will it take? Is it possible for a tendon to swell? If so, does it heal on its own and how long will it take?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Complete disruption of tendons needs surgical repair in most locations (Tendoachilles is an exception) to regain function. These tendons tend to spring back and usually do not heal till the edges are brought back and held in place surgically. The ends if not b...  Read Full »

I have shoulder tendonitis. What is the fastest way to heal it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder tendonitis, and it has been three months already without significant results. I want to know the fastest way possible to heal it, I tried physical therapy, but it did not have much of an impact.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It will be useful if you share the MRI reports. Well, I would like to know what movements are so painful for you and in which position the pain is highest. Once you let us know, we can provide you the accurate exercise prescription. In general, for any tendonitis, it...  Read Full »