Tendonitis

After a fall injury, I get frequent pain in wrist and thumb. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, Why has my wrist and thumb been hurting more frequently? Two years ago I fell on my thumb hyper-extending it and fracturing it in the process. Doctors that I have gone to said I have tendonitis in it now and that is why it hurts in the first place though no testing has been done to co...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can very well be tendonitis or some kind of arthritis secondary to damage. I think you should undergo MRI of lower forearm and hand so that we will confirm the diagnosis of tendonitis and rule out other pathology. Regarding management you can better try topical antii...  Read Full »

Is it possible for a tendon to swell and heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, Will extensor tendon disruption heal on its own? If so, how long will it take? Is it possible for a tendon to swell? If so, does it heal on its own and how long will it take?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Complete disruption of tendons needs surgical repair in most locations (Tendoachilles is an exception) to regain function. These tendons tend to spring back and usually do not heal till the edges are brought back and held in place surgically. The ends if not b...  Read Full »

I have shoulder tendonitis. What is the fastest way to heal it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have shoulder tendonitis, and it has been three months already without significant results. I want to know the fastest way possible to heal it, I tried physical therapy, but it did not have much of an impact.  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It will be useful if you share the MRI reports. Well, I would like to know what movements are so painful for you and in which position the pain is highest. Once you let us know, we can provide you the accurate exercise prescription. In general, for any tendonitis, it...  Read Full »