Q. What is the possible fastest way to heal for shoulder tendonitis?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

I have shoulder tendonitis, and it has been three months already without significant results. I want to know the fastest way possible to heal it, I tried physical therapy, but it did not have much of an impact.

#

It will be useful if you share the MRI reports. Well, I would like to know what movements are so painful for you and in which position the pain is highest. Once you let us know, we can provide you the accurate exercise prescription. In general, for any tendonitis, it is must that the shoulder girdle stability exercises are to be done.

Post which there will be a set of passive or active-assisted ROM exercises. As once we get a good range which comes closer to pain-free, we can look forward to holding relax activities and contract to relaxation exercises. On the later stage, we need to look forward to deltoid strengthening exercises, scapular muscle strengthening exercises, and arm strengthening exercises.

Also, if the MRI report shows that there is a partial or complete tear of the tendon, then the treatment has to be changed. In most cases with proper physical therapy guided exercises, the improvement should come in 2-3 weeks. In case if you have more queries, please feel free to contact me, and I will assist you for the same.

|