Q. What is the possible fastest way to heal for shoulder tendonitis?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

I have shoulder tendonitis, and it has been three months already without significant results. I want to know the fastest way possible to heal it, I tried physical therapy, but it did not have much of an impact.

#

It will be useful if you share the MRI reports. Well, I would like to know what movements are so painful for you and in which position the pain is highest. Once you let us know, we can provide you the accurate exercise prescription. In general, for any tendonitis, it is must that the shoulder girdle stability exercises are to be done.

Post which there will be a set of passive or active-assisted ROM exercises. As once we get a good range which comes closer to pain-free, we can look forward to holding relax activities and contract to relaxation exercises. On the later stage, we need to look forward to deltoid strengthening exercises, scapular muscle strengthening exercises, and arm strengthening exercises.

Also, if the MRI report shows that there is a partial or complete tear of the tendon, then the treatment has to be changed. In most cases with proper physical therapy guided exercises, the improvement should come in 2-3 weeks. In case if you have more queries, please feel free to contact me, and I will assist you for the same.

| 

What can cause heel pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 67 year old male. I am overweight, mildly diabetic and have high BP. I have pain on backside of my left heel. It increases in the evening. I think I have Achilles tendinitis. Please help.  Read Full »

MRI of which body parts will best reveal spondyloarthropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male and I was diagnosed with spondyloarthropathy seven years back. I am taking only Sulfasalazine tablets daily. Currently, I do not have any pain or stiffness. My HLA-B27 report is negative. Now, if I do the following MRIs, how much chances are there...  Read Full »

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now