Q. Why have I been having headaches every day for almost three years?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I constantly get headaches, almost every day. The OTC medications do not provide relief in the headaches. Sometimes, when I stand up I see blackness in front of my eyes and I get dizzy and I lose balance. I am constantly lethargic and this week I have had trouble falling asleep. My back has started to ache when I lay down to sleep and today I have been feeling very hot too.

I have been having headaches every day for almost three years. The other symptoms have developed only this week.

#

I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.

You are suffering from a tension-type headache. This headache is common in your age group and can be controlled well with just two medications as follows:

1. The tablet Amitriptyline 10 mg at night.
  2. The tablet Escitalopram 10 mg in the morning.

Take these medications for two weeks and you will feel much better.

Also, kindly try to avoid stress and anxiety as much as possible. These are going to worsen the symptoms.

In case of severe headache, the tablet Rizatriptan 10 mg as and when required is more than enough.

There is nothing to worry about. You will be fine with this treatment.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|