Q. I have a 5 months baby (cesarean) and got pregnant again. Please suggest the way to abort.

Dr. Gowrimeena
Published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2018

I am 27 years old. I have a 5 months baby (cesarean). The baby and I are fine. From day one, he is fit. There is no health issues since his birth. And I did not have any health issues after delivery of our first baby. I got pregnant again, and it has been a month now. Please suggest a way to abort. Please help me if a pill can abort this time.

Dr. Gowrimeena

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

From the information you have provided, it looks like you have an unplanned pregnancy.

I am not sure about the reason why you do not want to continue the pregnancy. Even though spacing pregnancies is advisable, it is not a hard and fast rule. You can continue this pregnancy safely if you have planned for two children. If you have a good support system, you can take care of your first kid and also take care of this pregnancy.

In the event of not continuing the pregnancy, there are medical and surgical options to end the pregnancy. But you need to see a doctor, have a scan, and then the doctor will suggest the best method for you. Taking over the counter medication (OTC) from a medical store may not be safe for you. Please give a serious thought about following a reliable method of birth control to avoid this situation in the future.

All the best, Hope I have cleared your doubts!

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How reliable were those blood tests? If those were reliable, then there is no need to worry for bleeding from two sites. Otherwise, repeat it from a good place. Secondly, just start any birth control pill from today as it will lessen the bleeding. I suggest Laxit plus...  Read Full

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article

Is the abortion process complete or not?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had an abortion pill. I took Mifepristone tablet first then after 36 hours, I took four tablets of Misoprostol of 200 mcg orally. At first, there was light bleeding during one hour then after some time I had heavy bleeding and it almost soaked two pads and it continued for ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you have not passed any tissue or mass like structures out of the vagina. So we cannot be sure about the complete termination of pregnancy. Presence of just bleeding does not ensure the complete termination. So our priority is to confirm it. Now it is a tim...  Read Full

Ask a Childbirth Educator Now