Testicular Cyst

Is my estradiol level high due to testicular cyst?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old male. I visited a local doctor and he diagnosed a cyst on my left testicle (1.5 cm). He suggested that it is not necessary to undergo any surgery now. Also, I have increased levels of estradiol, bilirubin and SGOT. But, my general medicine doctor suggested that there...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These metabolic alterations are not because of the cyst. You may rest assured and we can observe the cyst until it causes pain or starts to grow rapidly in size or changes significantly in appearance. Increased estrogen may form from peripheral aromatizing in obese indivi...  Read Full »

How difficult is it to remove a cyst from a testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old healthy male. I have had cyst in my testicle as long as I can remember. It just aggravates me and bothers me. But, I am too embarrassed to go in person to get it looked at. They say basically you will have to live with it. There is really nothing much to do about it. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Raguram Ganesamoni

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Cyst inside the testis is relatively rare and is usually not removed since it can damage the testis. However, it is not at all difficult to remove. If required, it can be removed even under local anesthesia or regional anesthesia....  Read Full »

Is an ultrasound not essential to detect the cause of lump in testicle?

Query: Hello doctor, My 24 year old son discovered a small lump in his testicle about a month ago. He saw a urologist immediately who did a physical exam, drew some blood and took a urine specimen. He said that the lump was located on the back of the testicle and most likely a benign cyst. We had a follow...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Testicular lumps are very common in young people. As your urologist has examined you, there are high chances of it being a benign cyst arising from the epididymis. But, I will suggest an ultrasound scrotum just to be sure and confirm it is ...  Read Full »

I took antibiotics for testicle pain. It has recurred after I finished the course. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54 year old man, 5 feet and 8 inches, weighing 146 pounds. About six weeks ago, I started having intermittent pains and discomfort in my right testicle. Sometimes it was a dull ache, sometimes a sharper, stabbing pain. It seemed to radiate from a spermatocele cyst, which I have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Epididymitis or epididymo orchitis takes a long time to cure completely. Often, the antibiotic course has to be prolonged for up to three months. You would be lucky if it is cured in 14 days. If the pain is still there, antibiotic has to be continued along with the an...  Read Full »

Testicular ultrasound showed multiple lesions. Do I need testicular biopsy to confirm cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had an ultrasound on my testicles and found multiple solid nodules or lumps and lesions in both testicles. He strongly suspects germ cell tumors. I have had blood tests done, and tumor markers and everything else is normal. I will be seeing a urologist in about two weeks. Do I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Any testicular mass is treated as cancer unless proven otherwise. That is why it is advised to evaluate the lesions found by patient or ultrasound by surgical removal and detailed pathological examination.Whereas for most other sites, the biopsy is possible. The biopsy is n...  Read Full »