Q. I am suffering from testicular pain. What could be the cause?

Answered by Dr. Atul Bhatla and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Testicular Pain or Viral Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dr. Atul Bhatla
BAMS., MBA., PGDUS

Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain can be due to many reasons.

• It can be due to an infection in testis or adjoining tissues.
  • It can be a referred pain due to a stone in the urinary tract.
  • Reason can be as simple as a prodromal symptom of a viral infection. Or any other reasons as well.

Ascertaining the reason of pain without proper history and examination is not a good idea. The wrong diagnosis will eventually lead to the wrong treatment. You should visit a surgeon in person and get yourself examined. Urine examination and an Ultrasonography may be needed to ascertain the cause of pain. Do not feel shy and do not delay. If you are not able to consult a doctor or if a doctor is not in reach, please again ask your query with details of pain like, from where it starts and where it radiates, how it started and any associated symptoms.

Get a urine routine examination and TLC, DLC done and share the reports.

I am getting recurrent testicular pain with normal ultrasound and other tests. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I sat on my testicle before two months, and I experienced an initial sharp pain for a few hours. I went to the ER and did a blood test, urine test and an ultrasound. Torsion, as well as infection, was ruled out. The exact incident occurred before few days. I did a urine test and another...  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This acute testicular pain with normal testis examination and ultrasound report look like simple orchialgia. Ruling out torsion is very important in young males presenting with testis p...  Read Full »

Kindly help me get rid of pain in testis.
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from epididymitis problem. Sometimes I am having pain in testis while having a gastric issue as well. Kindly help me to get rid of this  Read Full »
Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Testicular pain with these doppler findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows some infection of the epididymis. If it is a recent onset symptom, I suggest: You take antibiotics preferably an Amoxycillin-Clavulanic acid combination. Consult yo...  Read Full »

Can Silodosin improve urine flow in kidney infection?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52-year-old male, married and with a son. My basic complaint is recurrent UTI, poor urine flow and chronic testicular pain. I was down with kidney infection since past five months and had to be treated with Magnex Forte for five days. A CT scan showed mild perinephric stranding...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per my understanding, you are suffering from two things. Recurrent UTI (probably due to bladder neck obstruction). Chronic testicular pain. I want to see your urine flow report (printed graph). Do you have an ultrasound done? (I specifically want pre and po...  Read Full »

Ankylosing Spondylitis
Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?
The pulse rate started to fall after giving Epinephrine in a 4-year-old child. Kindly give your opinion.