Q. I have intermittent testicular pain that occurs almost every month. Should I seek medical help?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

I have been feeling a little pain in the right part of my testicles for less than a month. The pain is very mild and does not cause any trouble otherwise. It lasts for around two to three days, disappears, and comes back every month mostly. As per my doctor's recommendation, I did a urine analysis, which did not show an infection. But I was told that some bacteria was at a high level and that it was normal and did not need any medication. He also suggested drinking water frequently. Since I am a little hypochondriac, I also requested an echography, and they did not find anything suspicious.

I am concerned as the pain happened twice after that. Also, I do not do any physical activity and drink a cup of wine every day. I drink a lot of water, around two to two and a half liters a day which makes me urinate a lot. The urine color is normal, and I do not feel pain while urinating. I also observed a red or black spot on my crotch, and I do not have any pain in it.

Do I need to seek further medical attention? Or is it just a normal situation?

Please help.

#

Welcome to iCliniq.com.

I read your query, and it does not seem to be a significant problem.

I suggest you follow the instructions given below;

1. Keep yourself active by involving in physical activities and regular exercise.

2. Wear scrotal support while you work or sit in an upright position. You can remove it during sleep.

3. I see that you have a sufficient water intake. Please continue doing the same.

Also, I request you get a scrotal ultrasound to analyze the condition better.

Kindly revert for further queries.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have attached my ultrasound report.

They found that my right testicle was very small while my left testicle was huge during the examination. It was due to a surgery that I got on my right testicle around three years back. Also, my left testicle has always been big, and I never felt any problem with it. The discomfort I am having usually occurs when I sit, and it disappears when I lie down, or I stand up and walk. I also feel minimal discomfort on the right part of my belly. I am concerned if that is related to my condition as well.

#

Welcome back to iCliniq.com.

I have gone through the report you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I suspect the discomfort to be neuromuscular pain as your report has nothing abnormal. However, if you feel it only when sitting, it is better to readjust the posture as soon as you feel discomfort.

|