Q. I have intermittent testicular pain that occurs almost every month. Should I seek medical help?

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Pushkar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2022

Hello doctor,

I have been feeling a little pain in the right part of my testicles for less than a month. The pain is very mild and does not cause any trouble otherwise. It lasts for around two to three days, disappears, and comes back every month mostly. As per my doctor's recommendation, I did a urine analysis, which did not show an infection. But I was told that some bacteria was at a high level and that it was normal and did not need any medication. He also suggested drinking water frequently. Since I am a little hypochondriac, I also requested an echography, and they did not find anything suspicious.

I am concerned as the pain happened twice after that. Also, I do not do any physical activity and drink a cup of wine every day. I drink a lot of water, around two to two and a half liters a day which makes me urinate a lot. The urine color is normal, and I do not feel pain while urinating. I also observed a red or black spot on my crotch, and I do not have any pain in it.

Do I need to seek further medical attention? Or is it just a normal situation?

Please help.



Welcome to

I read your query, and it does not seem to be a significant problem.

I suggest you follow the instructions given below;

1. Keep yourself active by involving in physical activities and regular exercise.

2. Wear scrotal support while you work or sit in an upright position. You can remove it during sleep.

3. I see that you have a sufficient water intake. Please continue doing the same.

Also, I request you get a scrotal ultrasound to analyze the condition better.

I hope this helps.

Kindly revert for further queries.

Hello doctor,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have attached my ultrasound report.

They found that my right testicle was very small while my left testicle was huge during the examination. It was due to a surgery that I got on my right testicle around three years back. Also, my left testicle has always been big, and I never felt any problem with it. The discomfort I am having usually occurs when I sit, and it disappears when I lie down, or I stand up and walk. I also feel minimal discomfort on the right part of my belly. I am concerned if that is related to my condition as well.



Welcome back to

I have gone through the report you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). I suspect the discomfort to be neuromuscular pain as your report has nothing abnormal. However, if you feel it only when sitting, it is better to readjust the posture as soon as you feel discomfort.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My penis is hard even in a flaccid state. Kindly suggest a solution.

.. describing symptoms are suggestive of an infection (epididymo-orchitis). Please state the exact duration of these symptoms. Get a urine routine and microscopy test by giving your urine sample. A repeat ultrasound scrotum (testicles) would also be...   Read full

Kindly help me get rid of pain in testis.

.. with these doppler findings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) shows some infection of the epididymis. If it is a recent onset symptom, I suggest: You take antibiotics preferably an Amoxycillin-Clavulanic acid combination. Consul...   Read full

I have left testicular pain for the last four years. Can excessive masturbation be the cause?

.. very sad to learn about your problem. But at the same time, it is good to hear that you have done sonographies already. Masturbation is a common cause. I do not recommend medication and try to change your habit. Please stop doing masturbation. Aft...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»
Importance of Sex Hormones - Types, Functions, Normal Ranges, and Roles
Sex hormones are steroids produced in the body that control sexual development, pregnancy, and overall health. Read belo...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.