Q. I have mild pain in left testis with discomfort while walking and mild abdominal pain. Please help.

Dr. Ankush Jairath

I am 37 years old. I have mild pain in left testes and it hangs more than usual. This happens for the last four to five days. I feel discomfort during walking and mild pain in the lower abdomen just above the left testicle. Please help.

#

Hope you are doing well. Coming back to your query, I think you are having an infection in your left testis a condition known as Epididymo-orchitis.

First, you have to give yourself scrotal support (a langot /relatively small V shaped underwear) to support your testes from hanging.

Second, start medication as in the prescription (see attachment). Are you a diabetic? Do you have any urinary complaints (night frequency, burning micturation, poor stream)? Any previous history of accident, trauma, urinary catheterization? Are you on any medications? Are you a smoker or alcoholic?

If you can click a photo of both testis then it will be great. Last the ultrasound you uploaded has photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), if you can upload a picture of the report then it will be better.

I am not diabetic. No urinary complaint. No burning during urine pass. No, I am not on any medications and no trauma. I usually take 60 ml two-pack alcohol once in a week.

#

Yes, from the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems to be Epididymo-orchitis only. You have to continue the same medications as I have prescribed. You can contact me again after five days of medication with scrotal support.

| 

What is the reason for testicular pain and burning sensation in the leg?

Query: Hi doctor,Actually, I feel sometimes pain in my right testicle for last two months. Sometimes also feel burning sensation, weakness, heaviness in the right leg. For past four months, I was under severe stress, anxiety, and depression due to an unprotected sexual exposure .five months back. It caused...  Read Full »

I am suffering from epididymo-orchitis. Please tell me whether I am fertile or not.

Query: Hi doctor,I had an attack of orchitis in my right testis. I have undergone a scan due to pain. It showed right epididymo-orchitis, and my sperm count is 59 million and 60% actively motile. Please tell me whether I am fertile enough or not. My affected testis size is small, and I am mentally getting...  Read Full »

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»