Q. I have pain in both testes with left testis longer than the other. What should I do now?

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

I have pain on both of my testicles but the pain is more focused on the left. I did blood and urinary tests, ultrasound and CT scan but all were negative. I do not have the pain in the same way it was but then I feel like it is a little longer than my right and also heavy. What can I do?

#

I have gone through your queries. You have bilateral testicular pain, discomfort, and heaviness. And all investigations are within the normal limits. It would have been great if you had uploaded those reports. However, do not worry. If USG testis with Doppler study is within normal limits, then there should not be any major concern.

I would like to advise you to wear tight underwear. It will reduce your discomfort. Whenever there is pain or discomfort in the testis you should elevate it. Pain will be reduced. You can take Paracetamol 650 mg SOS also. I would like to undergo the following investigations after one month if symptoms persist.

USG (ultrasound) B/L inguinoscrotal region with Doppler study urinalysis, urine culture, USG KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) and PVR (postvoid residual urine).

You said it is fine I do not have to take any antibiotic. Why one testicle look bigger than the other? Is there any concern for that?

#

If you have discharge from the penis and one-sided testicular swelling, then you may have epididymo-orchitis of that side with UTI (urinary tract infection). Epididymo-orchitis can be at resolving state. That is why the pain is at a lesser extent. But discharge from the penis warrants immediate investigations to rule out UTI. Please undergo the investigations which I mentioned earlier. We should take antibiotics according to the urine culture and sensitivity report.

One thing I forgot to mention that you need a clinical examination too. That is why you should visit the office of your local urologist for his opinion.

|