Q. I have pain in testicles on touch. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2020

Hi doctor,

I feel pain in testicles when I touch them. Can you please help me with this issue?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

You can have two things, epididymo-orchitis or testicular torsion. Treatment for both are totally different. Can you please tell me if you lift your testis then pain decreases or increases? And how much is the pain (is it excruciating or mild)? History of masturbation or intercourse just before pain?

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Actually after masturbation, I am having mild pain on the left side of testis even if I did not touch them. In normal times, except while traveling on the bike if I am seated on the back side of bike testis used to get mild pain. And at normal times when I touch the left side of my testis, I feel the pain.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Most probably you might be having epididymo-orchitis which is nothing but testicular inflammation. To confirm it you can get ultrasound scrotum. Meanwhile, start medication and continue the medication for five days in case it came out to be epididymo-orchitis on ultrasound else stop after three days.

Differential diagnosis:


Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What is the reason for testicular pain and burning sensation in the leg?

Query: Hi doctor,Actually, I feel sometimes pain in my right testicle for last two months. Sometimes also feel burning sensation, weakness, heaviness in the right leg. For past four months, I was under severe stress, anxiety, and depression due to an unprotected sexual exposure .five months back. It caused...  Read Full »

What causes testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have mild pain in right testicle for a week. The nerves connecting to the right testicle are always in strain mainly in the area of epididymis and vas deference. It pains when I walk, jump, rub or masturbate. I get random swelling, irritation and pain in my right test...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.