Q. I have testicle pain and low sperm count. Kindly suggest siddha medicines.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 22, 2015 and last reviewed on: Jan 19, 2019

I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

You have not mentioned your age, marital status, body weight, occupation, how long the testis pain has been there and any swelling in testis. With the available information, the answer is as follows:

1. If the orchitis (inflammation of testis) may be due to infection, then fever might be there.
  2. If there is no fever, then it is due to tight/hard inner wear or jeans pant, working for long hours by continuous sitting (continuous sitting causes excess heat in the testis), working near heat, athletes (more of jumping), trauma (any other injury to testis), excess activity of masturbation, overstraining (due to constipation, continuous cough), etc.
  3. You have to rule out the varicose in testes or a strangulation hernia by ultrasonogram scan.
  4. Excess temperature (heat) in testis will reduce sperm count.

Kindly follow the below advice:

1. Sitz bath : in a broad round bucket, take luke warm water. Sit in such a way that your hip including testis is within the water. Stay for half an hour at morning and night. Continue this until the pain subsides.
  2. Avoid tight/hard inner wear/jeans pant. Wear loose cotton dresses.
  3. Do not sit for a long time. In between work, just relax by standing. Stop playing vigorous sports.
  4. Kalarchi thailam (siddha medicated oil) - have 15 drops at night and 5 drops in the morning along with milk (after dinner and breakfast) for 60 days.
  5. Seenthil choornam - have 2 g of this with honey, in the morning and at night for 60 days.
  6. Ratna purush capsules - take 1 capsule in the morning and one at night (2 per day) after food.
  7. With kalarchi choornam, add egg white, yolk and mix. Apply this on the testis during nights.
  8. If you are not able to get kalarchi choornam, then you can use wheat powder, black gram powder and egg white and yolk to apply on the testis.

| 

How are bleeding piles treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary in treating varicocele?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is suffering from infertility. I got married three years back, and we have tried to conceive ever since. Recently, I consulted a  urologist here, and he asked me to get a semen, Doppler scrotal, and thyroid tests done. I am attaching the reports. I took the ...  Read Full »

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now