Q. What could cause the testicles to twist, causing pain?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I am a 21-year-old male and have been experiencing testicular issues since the beginning of the year. It began when I visited my local hospital due to pain in my left testicle and being able to feel my swollen epididymis. I was told this was a possible varicocele and was advised for an ultrasound that came back clear. Now I am experiencing new symptoms, such as my left testicle moving to a horizontal position where it now stays and flipping over forward, so the bottom is on the top and vice versa, and feeling dull pain. I visited the hospital again, and they said it seemed fine and told me to just take Ibuprofen for swelling, but this still gives me no explanation for why I have these abnormal changes. Can you help diagnose this? Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

Ten percent of testicular pains are idiopathic and have no cause. This is due to the absence of infection or structural abnormalities of the testis. Regarding the twisting, the testis is not fixed and can move and twist. If twisting causes no severe pain, then there is no need to worry about it. I would suggest the following:

1. Tablet Neurobion Forte (Vitamin B-complex) thrice daily for six weeks.

|