Q. Why do I have mild pain in the left groin area and testicle from last night?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2020

Mild pain started last night in left groin area( increases while moving) and mild pain also started in left testicle(not continous but happens sharply while changing body postures or breathing deeply). No nausea, no vomit, no other issues. Male, 20, not on any medications ? ?

#

Hi and thanks for consulting us Left groin pain radiating to left testicle can be due to left ureteric stone or left epididymoorchitis or left small inguinal hernia. Left ureteric stone is characterized by lion to groin pain some times if the stone in the left lower ureter pain can be from groin radiating to Testis and causing also urinary symptoms like frequency and urgency may or may not be associated with vomiting or fever. Pain is colicky in nature. If it’s epididymoorchitis then it starts usually from spermatic cord or testicle and radiates to groin upwards. It’s sever and painful if your touch your Testis associated with swelling as well. Left inguinal hernia there might be a small bulge at groin area and will cause pain but usually uncommon at your age. Investigations required should urine analysis and urine culture, ultrasound kub and scrotum, blood test for creat level. U can take analgesia like diclofenac sodium 50 mg trice daily with cover of omeprazole to control the pain. U can leave ur query I will answer you shortly as I’m driving now

Thank u very much for ur reply! What I was afraid was of testicular torsion!

Also is there any chance it could be due to gas issues?
# Torsion is very painful it starts from Testis and sudden pain can even wake you from sleep pain will be at scrotum and even u can’t touch it usually people reach quickly to emergency department and ultrasound can diagnose it with good accuracy

Pain from constipation or gas can be but it doesn’t radiate to Testis it’s colicky pain means on and off in the tummy rather than groin
Alright, I’ll take the medicine. So what should be my next steps? Should I be concerned about the pain? Just to put it out there, I’m morbidly obese, if it has to do anything with this.
Your response will be greatly appreciated :)
# Investigations required should urine analysis and urine culture, ultrasound kub and scrotum, blood test for creat level.

Can u please do it as soon as possible

You might need A CT scan if your ultrasound showed blocked left kidney

Please follow up after having the tests done so I can advise on further management

|