Theanine

My friend takes L-Theanine for anxiety. Does it have any side effect?

Query: Hello doctor, My friend is 21 years old and suffers from anxiety. He feels like it is getting in the way of his daily activities and interactions with people. He used to get attacks more often but that is a lot better now. He decided to start taking L-Theanine pills or supplements. I would like t...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. L-Theanine is an amino acid synthesized from tea. It helps with reducing stress and anxiety and induces a sense of calmness by increasing serotonin and dopamine in the brain which are the feel-good chemicals. As such, it is a supplement and not a medicine per se, so...  Read Full »

Can I take Theanine capsules to reduce anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I have stress related problems as I have had very painful feet since I was a teenager. I have tried chiropractic, orthotics, acupuncture, reiki, cranial sacral therapy and all kinds of natural pain relievers, but nothing worked. I occasionally take Advil to reduce the pain. I have been ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. L-Theanine is the naturally derived amino acids, which is involved in glutamate transmission and thus helpful in reducing anxiety.  There are a few studies which show that L-Theanine reduces the glutamate transmission. So, there is conflicting evidence. But, clinical s...  Read Full »