Q. What can be the reason for brownish discharge following USG?

Dr. Avijit Basak
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

My last USG report showed intrauterine pregnancy with 8 mm gestation sac, no fetal and yolk sac. Last week I had brown discharge with mild lower abdominal pain and was prescribed Susten 200 mg (oral). Now, I am feeling the pain frequently in the right lower abdomen with mild bleeding and pain. It is less when I lie on bed. What to do?

#

I have read through your question and understand your concerns.

I think it is threatened abortion. You should take bed rest along with tablet Susten 200 mg twice daily (Progesterone) for two weeks and Mbryosafe sachet once daily (L-arginine).

I think it will help you and give you better prognosis. Ultrasound is required after two weeks for evaluation.

For further information consult a fetal medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fetal-medicine-specialist

| 

Can I have sex during 17 weeks of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,Currently, I am 17 weeks pregnant. I had spotting which started during 13 weeks and lasted for about a week. I was put on bed rest and advised to take Susten 400 mg. Everything was fine in 16 weeks ultrasound. The doctor said no need of bedrest hereafter. But did not say anything abt se...  Read Full »

Other than ultrasound, how can Down's syndrome be diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I went for an ultrasound scan named targeted imaging for fetal anomalies. Other than hypoplasia of nasal bone, everything is normal. I need an expert opinion regarding advanced tests of ultrasound or amniocentesis, karyotyping or any ultrasound scan to ...  Read Full »

Why does the ultrasound show no gestational sac despite being pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my last periods 51 days back. 13 days back my home pregnancy test was positive. But, no sac seen in ultrasound. When we checked at home 10 days before, again it showed positive. Sac was not seen today too. My hCG report is 188.19 mlU/mL. Please advise what to do.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Fetal Medicine Specialist Now