Q. A gurgling occurs while breathing in and out. Why?

Dr. Pratik Patil

I am gurgling when breathing in and out, especially when laying down. In the beginning, I had a fever with strong cough and wheezing sound when breathing in and out, after a few days, I am back to normal, but this wheezing turned into gurgle till now.

#

Take syrup Bromhexine two tablespoon thrice daily for a week. It will produce a cough. Please excrete it out. Also, do steam inhalation thrice a day for a week.

May I know more information about it? And I hope that you got the full picture of it and understand my description. I have also attached some results of tests I did. To be more precise, I am completely fine and normal, no cough, it is just when I sit or lay down specially on my right side on my back, during breathing, a long gurgle feeling happens. If I breathe again, nothing will happen till I change the position, it is like trapped mucus or something I do not know. It scares me, and I want to get rid of it.

#

Yes, this is a pneumonitis which is causing thick purulent sputum in the passage which makes a gurgling sound while breathing in and out. Steam inhalation will make it soften and come out. Also, the other syrup will break it and bring out. I did not add antibiotics because there is no fever. It should settle on this.

To make sure everything is clear, I need to explain within the detail. 10 months ago from now, I had a fever with a cough, and wheezing sound when breathing. After a few days, I got recovered, and I stopped coughing, like usual, but, the wheezing sound became gurgling. In the specific area on my back right side, as you are looking on my back right side in the middle exactly. The location never changed always there, and it is like between ribs and the chest also in the liver area from beginning till now.

Since 10 months, I am completely normal except that gurgling I always feel and hear on that area (no cough at all ), specially when it is pressed on that area or when I am laying down I feel it strongly. I went three times to the doctor specialized in chests, and I did X-ray and ct scan without contrast, and also a lung test, all were fine.

So little information about me, I am overweight, I have never smoked in my life. This makes me desperate. Also, CBC been done and still all fine, I even went to doctor specialized in stomach or colon, he said its related to gas in colon issue. And he said let us make eco test because he was not sure. So I believed I explained the whole story, now doctor, kindly tell me, is it still this pneumonitis you said to me about? As I read about it but I do not know, in the X-ray or CT scan results it says that lung all normal no pneumothorax. If you can please give me full details regarding my symptoms, I will appreciate it, how accurate it could be pneumonitis? Could it be something else? Am I at risk? Is it something dangerous?

#

Your X-ray and CT chest reports are absolute within normal limits (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is a pneumonitis that is triggering the pan and the gurgling sound. Also, the gurgling as you now while changing position could be related to gastritis or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). So please add tablet Neksium 40 mg (Esomeprazole) ones a day before breakfast to other medications.

|