Q. Having some kind of throat congestion. Please give some solution.

Dr. Nasheed Baig

Actually, my problem does not seem to be a serious one, but as of now it has become really annoying for me. Basically, I am giving some singing auditions. But, the problem is continuously for a period of some past eight to nine months I am having some kind of my congestion in my throat, which is not there in my normal days. But, when I practise, I am facing a lot of problems as I am not able to finish up my notes properly. This did not happen before. I have been facing this problem consistently for the last few months. Please I need some solution to this problem. Thank you.

Do you have a question on Throat Infection or Anti Inflammatory Medications?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Nasheed Baig

FCPS., MBBS
Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

• You are facing this problem because you are putting strain on your sound box and vocal cords.
  • You need to take a break. Give rest to your sound box for 10 to 14 days.
  • Take plenty of water. Do steam inhalation twice a day.
  • Also, I suggest you use some anti-inflammatory medicine for relief of pain and congestion.
  • With the above measures your problems will settle. If not, then please consult an ENT specialist for a physical evaluation.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Can you suggest some anti inflammatory medicine?

Dr. Nasheed Baig

FCPS., MBBS
Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

• I can tell you the generic name of medicine, but it may be available with a different brand name. Consult a doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Capsule Azithromycin 250 mg twice daily for five days.
  2. Tablet Chymotrypsin thrice daily for 14 days.
  • Also, I advice voice rest and steam inhalation along with this.

For further doubts consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

What can cause frequent throat infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I used to get throat infection whenever I drink cold water. Due to weather also drinking water gets cold. Even that leads to throat infection. What measure shall I take to protect myself from throat infection?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Many patients come to me with this complaint of frequent sore throat. First I would say do not worry about this. We must evaluate if there is any pathogenic organism residing in the throat and causing recurrent infections. For the same a throat swab (culture and sensit...  Read Full »

Why does my 7-year-old have breathing difficulty, cough and throat pain?
Query: Hi doctor, My 7 year old daughter has difficulty in breathing. Sometimes, she also makes noise while breathing. She has frequent cough and pain in the throat. The doctor advised a few medications. There was a little relief after two days. After exemption of medicine, the breathing difficulty, cough...  Read Full »
Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following precautions are very important for your child: Avoid cool drinks. Avoid sour fruits like lemon, orange, etc. Give steam inhalation with a drop or two of Benzoine tincture. Avoid outside food, fried food, and colored food. Gargle with warm salt water twice ...  Read Full »

Will Sinarest help in throat infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat and unable to speak. I have started Augmentin 625 since yesterday with no relief so far.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antibiotics usually take some time to show their effect. Since you have been started on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication from yesterday, finish the course as directed and you will be fine. If you feel ill after completion of course, then we will go for a ch...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now