Q. Why is the back of my mouth strangely yellow?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

There is something weird going on with my mouth for a few days. The back of my mouth is kind of yellow and it looks strange.

My throat feels like there has been a golf ball stuck in it and it is very sore.

It is also making my ears hurt.

I have also been very exhausted, feeling light-headed and getting out of breath easily; which is not normal for me.

#

I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.

I have also seen the picture you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

You are suffering from tonsillitis. This is the reason for sore throat and itchiness.

The pain in the ears is due to infection traveling from the throat to the ears through the eustachian tube. The eustachian tube connects both ears and the throat.

However, this condition can be very easily treated with the following treatment:

1. The tablet Cefixime clavulanate 325 mg twice daily.
  2. The tablet Dazit M (Desloratadine and Montelukast) 5 mg twice daily.
  3. Betadine gargles in the ratio of 1:1 thrice daily.
  4. The tablet Sinarest (Paracetamol, Phenylephrine hydrochloride, and Chlorpheniramine maleate) twice daily.

Take this treatment for five days and you will be completely fine. No blood tests are required.

Hope this helps you.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|